This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1980s children audio cassettes Well Loved Tales

I have all 4 of them which are 'Dracula', 'Frankenstein', 'Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde' and 'The Mummy'. They do have Pickwick Tell-a-tale on them and are dated 1984. I wish I could do a rip for you but I'm not sure how to do it as I don't have the facilities to do so. Any ideas of a way I can do this please?
    Originally posted by jaygon View Post
    Which of the horror tapes do you have Retro? Do they have Pickwick Tell-a-Tale on them and is the year indicated? Any chance you would do a rip and share with us? :-)

Comment

Hi Retro,
      A friend of mine is going to show me how to do it this week (as I have 2 tapes I want to copy!)
      He told me briefly. It involves having a cable. One end of the cable has a USB connection to fit into your PC/Laptop, the other end has a pin that fits into the headphone socket of whatever plays the cassette. You have a software program on the PC (downloaded for free). 'Audacity' is one such example and once the cassette player is hooked to the laptop you switch it on, switch on the record button of the audacity program and literally feed the recording through.

I think this is the gist but will know more next week. Perhaps other posters can suggest easier ways? Perhaps you have facility to copy cassette to cassette? In the long run it is better to rip if you want to keep recordings as cassettes tend to degrade in quality as the years go on. I really want to collect and archive all of this stuff and preserve it! Am also willing to share whatever I get with anyone who is interested. :-)
      Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

Comment

Hi Jaygon
        I have heard that you can rip by using a lead from the computer to stereo, rather than having to buy a proper cassette player made for this purpose. If its easy enough to do it the way you said then I shall certainly have ago and get my tapes ripped and also put onto CD. I guess you can also rip records too this way.

Comment

Great! Hopefully more Tell-A-Tales will show up! Remember that once ripped, you can save them as MP3 also, Meaning you can send via e-mail! Not very subtle, am I?
          :-)
          Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

Comment

Ps. There was a fifth tape in the horror Tell-A-Tale series : The Hound of the baskervilles!

Comment

Hi Jaygon
              I have the 'Hound of the Baskervilles' Ladybird book, didn't realise there was a Tell-A-Tale tape too, have to look out for that one. Thanks for that. When I eventually get the tapes ripped I'll certainly send them as an email for you, thats if they are not going to be too big to send.
              Ps. There was a fifth tape in the horror Tell-A-Tale series : The Hound of the baskervilles!

Comment

Thanks Ghoul!
                I always did love the horror classics! Have lots of Horror/Ghost books from when I was a kid! Most of the 1980's Armada books were pretty good!

Comment

I had the Wally Whyton albums which I loved.Also had a big cream double album that came from Woolies,was songs and stories I think,can't remember the name of it though.

tulip

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                    No they were a company who made many talking books in the 1980s, mostly film-TV tie ins. Most of mine went to a friend of the family when I got too old for them but I have at least 1 tape around still.
                    Yes, I believe it was Rainbow that produced/released The Three Investigators, a series, as I have already intimated, I would love to hear again.
                    (Surely they don't just bin 'em all?)

Comment

Originally posted by Retro Ghoul View Post
                      Hi Jaygon
                      I have the 'Hound of the Baskervilles' Ladybird book, didn't realise there was a Tell-A-Tale tape too, have to look out for that one. Thanks for that. When I eventually get the tapes ripped I'll certainly send them as an email for you, thats if they are not going to be too big to send.
                      Could you please send them to me too? I'd love to hear them.

Comment

My Pleasure jaygon
                        I really love a lot of the kid's horror/ghost books from the 70's and 80's, the Armada books were great;love the covers on them. I have a lead now which is one that you plug into the microphone socket on the computer and the other end in the headphone socket on the stereo, will hopefully give it ago tonight.
                        Thanks Ghoul!
                        I always did love the horror classics! Have lots of Horror/Ghost books from when I was a kid! Most of the 1980's Armada books were pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by BlitzKid View Post
                          Could you please send them to me too? I'd love to hear them.
                          Will do, thats if I can get it working. If I do I'll let you know here.

Comment

How did the ripping go? :-)

Comment

Hi Jargon
                              Funny you happened to ask today, I was just about to say that I have ripped the Dracula tape which is in 2 parts [side 1 and 2] I did try to send it as an attachment to my email but the files were too big. So I have uploaded them to Media fire where you can download them from there. I am hoping to get the Frankenstein tape done tonight. Hope you enjoy the Dracula one.
                              Here is the link for you and for anyone else thats fancies a listen:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5492he9wz9r4fzr
                              http://www.mediafire.com/?89bbthb5yvf4jv2
                              How did the ripping go? :-)

Comment

Thanks Retro!!!!

I appreciate it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X