Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking For a book but dont remember title and author but remember plot etc, HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For a book but dont remember title and author but remember plot etc, HELP!

Hi,
    I know this is not from the 80s or 90s but I am really trying to find a book I read back in 2003 and maybe someone on here can help me.

this is how i remember it:
    the story had a young girl who could somehow heal people but it turned out she was posessed by a witch that was burnt in an old tree 100s(maybe) of years before and wants to get revenge etc.
    it had some quite interesting elements in it but i cant remember the title or author.

i also recall the main character was a newpaper journalist investigating the strange happenings
    It was based in a small village and the narrative explained alot about historical medicine on how the elements were what made up the human body etc

hopefully someone may know it.
    Many thanks in advance

Chris

Re: Looking For a book but dont remember title and author but remember plot etc, HELP

Hello,

Could it be Shrine by James Herbert? It sounds very much like it but i have only just started reading it, the girls name is Alice and the jounalist is called Gerry Fenn and he works for the Brighton Courier. The copy i have is purple with gold lettering and a small gold tree at the top. Hope this is right as i would love to have solved your mystery, i know how pleased i would be if someone could remember the book i am looking for but have had no luck!!

Comment

Working...
    X