Hair products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair products

Calling all you girlies out there (and guys as far as that goes) does anyone remember 'Twice as Lasting' hair lightener? It came in a small fancy shaped bottle, it was like setting lotion and looked like bluey/lilac coloured water. It was a must for everyone that wanted to gradually lighten the front (fringe) and or sides of their hair. You just dabbed it on and combed it through the area you wanted to lighten. It didn't matter if your hair was wet or dry but dry was best so you could see where you'd put it. You could use it daily, every few days or weekly until you got the desired effect. It gradually lightened your hair without ever having a growth line/roots. It was fab stuff. I wish it was still sold. I used to get it from Boots but it wasn't a Boots product, you could get it from most places that sold hair products. It was definitely around in the 70s/80s.

The other thing I wish was still about is Vidal Sassoon shampoo and conditioner that smelled just like almond. It smelled so good I could have eaten it. It made your hair nice too.
    Last edited by The Low Country; 27-07-2010, 19:06.

Re: Hair products

Is Vidal Sassoon not still sold? I agree it smelt fantastic

Comment

Here's Twice as lasting, but I only recall Sun-In

Roja Twice as lasting

this appears to be a retaining lotion, but no doubt it changed over the years.. this ad is from the 70's

Last edited by sixtyten; 27-07-2010, 19:18.

Comment

Yes it's still sold but it's not like it used to be :-(

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
        Is Vidal Sassoon not still sold? I agree it smelt fantastic

Comment

Yes twice as lasting was a setting lotion but they also did a hair lightener too. I'm certain it was a lightener and a setting lotion all in one because I remember my hair was stiff when it dried and I had to comb it through. They also used to do coloured setting lotions in a variety of colours. They all came in the same little bottles.

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
          Here's Twice as lasting, but I only recall Sun-In

Roja Twice as lasting

this appears to be a retaining lotion, but no doubt it changed over the years.. this ad is from the 70's

Comment

mmmmm vidal sassoon smelt like marzipan...........luverleee

Comment

Was it that dark brown shampoo you mean.
              If so the smell on its own id buy it for.

Could one count hair gel.

I must admit i used it an awful lot but how much where u meant to use.

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
              mmmmm vidal sassoon smelt like marzipan...........luverleee
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Do you mean vosene darren that shampoo was dark brown and had quite a strong potent smell

Comment

oh god yes thats the one.
                  i could near drink it its so wonderful a smell.
                  my hair smelt great using it.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                  Do you mean vosene darren that shampoo was dark brown and had quite a strong potent smell

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                    Or T-Gel ??

Comment

I worked in a hairdressers in the early 90's and of our older male clients use to bring his own bottle of T–Gel in. It was vile stuff the smell was evil and it was like trying to wash someones hair in a mixture of black treacle and tar!!! We use to pray someone else would get asked to wash his hair, poor guy, he was lovely but his T–Gel was nasty.
                      Heather

Comment

The only hair product I remember was a hairspray called Falcon. It came in either a red or blue tin. The stuff took your breath away and set like concrete. The red can was a much harder set then the blue can. Can still taste the stuff just thinking about it. It would of been out sometime in the early 80's.Buy the mid 80's I had moved onto better and safer things for the ole hair.

Comment

cant sauy ive heard of t gel but it sounds like the stuff was very think like tar.
                          i guess its something he liked using or maybe he could not use it thats why he went to your hairdressers to get it done.

Originally posted by heather74 View Post
                          i worked in a hairdressers in the early 90's and of our older male clients use to bring his own bottle of t–gel in. It was vile stuff the smell was evil and it was like trying to wash someones hair in a mixture of black treacle and tar!!! We use to pray someone else would get asked to wash his hair, poor guy, he was lovely but his t–gel was nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            cant sauy ive heard of t gel but it sounds like the stuff was very think like tar.
                            i guess its something he liked using or maybe he could not use it thats why he went to your hairdressers to get it done.
                            T- Gel certainly had a very distinctive smell for sure !

Comment

Working...
                            X