Rainbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rainbow

The wonderful lady who runs Jane Tucker's Facebook page,also runs the Facebook Page of Rod,Jane and Freddy.Here is the link to the Rod,Jane and Freddy Facebook Page,which,incidentally,has a great deal of fans.

http://www.facebook.com/rodjaneandfreddy

I would also like to mention,that the incredibly creative lady in question,Lisa Marie,also read this thread Trickyvee started,and posted a link to not only this thread,but to the forum also,on the Jane Tucker Facebook Site.

http://www.facebook.com/rodjaneandfreddy#!/janetuckeractress

Comment

I hated the Rod, Jane and Freddy bits. I think Rod and Freddy would've sounded better without Jane...I never enjoyed their songs. The stories were the best bits I think.

Comment

Is it really true that Geoffrey became a taxi driver after going bankrupt? This nugget of info always sends my dad into one of his age old rants (in a strong Geordie Tim Healy voice)...

"Eee well do you know he was earning 10 times more than me back then just for being daft with them puppets and he was years doing that show too. What the hell did he do with all that money!?" Not that he's bitter or anything . He's got a point though.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

I always hated Tat the cat stories they were so boring, i remeber occasionally different people would come round and read a story for them im sure Pat Coombes and Dougie Brown and peeps like that did.
          Im sure in one episode Zippy had a long lost brother called Zippo.

Comment

I'd forgotten all about Zippo until I read the name, I think he was his cousin!

George also had a cousin called Georgina !
            Heather

Comment

Yeah he looked exactly the same as Zippy only difference was he wore a hat, i never got when Zippy was naughty and Geoffrey zipped his mouth up, why did Zippy just sit there and sulk why didnt he just unzip his mouth and kick off again?
              Zippy and George only had 1 arm each too no one ever moaned about that did they, not like these day when people were going on about the woman on Cbeebies.

Comment

Thought we needed a picture. But George doesn't look quite right here. Fluffier than I remember him...

Comment

You're right. I thought George was made of the same material as Zippy.
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                    I'd forgotten all about Zippo until I read the name, I think he was his cousin!

George also had a cousin called Georgina !
                    i watched this all the time.

but i don't remember seeing zippo or georgina in it.

maybe they where but i cannot remember.??
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Heres an episode with Zippo

I just watched the very first episode from 1972 on youtube, The characters are completely different, and the first bungle is enough to give you nightmares http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzOGJA3j6SI
                      Heather

Comment

I can't remember Zippo either. He musn't have turned up in many of the programmes. I'd also forgotten about the weird jerky animations with funny noises that they always had in Rainbow like the one at 4.39 on the clip.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

Rainbow - 1972 The first episode (looks weird!)
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzOGJA3j6SI
                          sigpic

Comment

that fella how long did he play geoffrey for.

i can't remember him.
                            he was not in it when i started watching it.

Comment

David Cook left the show before the third series in 1973 and was replaced by Geoffrey Hayes.
                              Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                                David Cook left the show before the third series in 1973,and was replaced by Geoffrey Hayes.
                                ah i see huggie..
                                never knew geoffrey used his real name in the show.

did david cook do the same.

and i think geoffrey hayes did the show up until it finished.

Comment

Working...
                                X