Your most embarrassing celebrity crushes from the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange crushes...

I have a strange attraction to Jack, Stan's conductor on On The Buses... I've just admitted this to my office who looked at me strangely... I don't really understand why - especially since I recently admitted to having a bit of a thing for Jimmy Nail - there's just something about Oz from Auf Weidersen Pet (sp?)...

Comment

Re: Your most embarrassing celebrity crushes from the past

Tracey Ullman, Wincey Willis (the breakfast weather 'girl'), the dancing background Goths from the Spirit in the Sky videos and performances. And Ann Diamond, like an earlier poster.

Comment

Ah, Jamo.... I also had a bit of a thing for the Doctor from Doctor and the Medics when I was a kid and Martin Degville from Sigue Sigue Sputnik...

Comment

Roger Moore when he was on "The Crusaders"...he stills gets me going.
          But my longest crush is Brian May...I can't shake it and he keeps getting better.
          In my eyes, he is the perfect man.

Comment

Ooh I had a thing for Roger Taylor once. Only really discovered Queen when the great Freddie died and I spotted Roger in the 'These are the days of our lives' video and thought he was nice. He was getting on a bit then but I worked my way backwards to his 70's glory days. Very nice, even though he looked like a girl lol.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

I had a crush for redheads. So it was Bonnie Langford and Fergie.
              I Love the

Comment

My first EVER celebrity crush was on Bizzy Lizzie from 'Pippin' comic, as well as Mary from 'Mary, Mungo & Midge'.
                Later on it was Nerys Hughes, and in my early teens it was Anne Diamond (that one was pretty serious, I got really anguished and unhappy over her). When I was 12-ish Mavis Riley from Coronation Street appealed to me for some reason, though it wasn't a crush in the true sense of the word (before anyone guffaws at that, remember that this was c.'81, when she was much younger and really quite pretty!)

Comment

Leslie Judd and Janet Ellis.

Also Bonnie Lngford when on Dr Who.....well not on him but you know what I mean

Comment

Oooh just got a retrocrush on Nick Brimble after seeing him in an episode of The Professionals. All 6'4" of him. Nice looking in a quirky sort of way. Never knew he was in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

I can still remember gazing upon Barbara Murray when i was a teen for the first time,and simply falling in love her glorious beauty.I just wanted to marry her.

Comment

i had a crush on penny from inspector gadget.
                        she was a wee blonde girl.

also the sorceress and teela from masters of the universe.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Jim MacDonald from Corrie Street (so I did...)
                          Peter Purves
                          Dave Hill from Slade
                          Paul McCartney - and his brother , Mike McGear from "The Scaffold."
                          Ken Stott
                          Jimmy Nail - but as Spender rather than Oz
                          Terry McDermott
                          Rod Temperton, the keyboard player from Heatwave
                          Julian Littman, who was one of the singers in "Rainbow" before Rod, Jane and Matthew (before Freddy) came on the scene. I never did forgive Rod & Jane...

Of them all, I still carry a (slight) torch for Ken Stott and Jim MacDonald (so I do...) - and Peter Purves has worn quite well really...

Comment

Lena Zavaroni after she appeared on opertunity knocks singing Ma!.Would of placed it around 1974-75.I would of only been around 8 or 9 years old.I have faint mamories of my parants joking about it.Then again it could of just been the fact that she was just another kid like myself being cool kicking butt in an adults world.Gosh we were real rebels back then.
                            Another I really liked later on was Sapphire(Joanna Lumley) out of Sapphire and Steel.She was just so good looking especially in the first series in that blue dress she wore.
                            And my favourite one of the crop was Gnoard out of the adventure game.A cute lil lady with pig tails.Then again it could of been the tail,lol.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                              Lena Zavaroni after she appeared on opertunity knocks singing Ma!.Would of placed it around 1974-75.I would of only been around 8 or 9 years old.I have faint mamories of my parants joking about it.Then again it could of just been the fact that she was just another kid like myself being cool kicking butt in an adults world.Gosh we were real rebels back then.
                              Another I really liked later on was Sapphire(Joanna Lumley) out of Sapphire and Steel.She was just so good looking especially in the first series in that blue dress she wore.
                              And my favourite one of the crop was Gnoard out of the adventure game.A cute lil lady with pig tails.Then again it could of been the tail,lol.
                              Hey I had a thing for Lena Zavaroni, but only because I realized that Marie Osmond was too old for me

Comment

Is Maggie Philbin considered to be an embarrassing crush?

In her Swap Shop days I had an enormous crush on her (not as much as I fancied Sally James, but that's not an embarrassing crush as EVERY red blooded male liked Sally James).

I was actually a bit annoyed when she married Keith Chegwin as I always though he was a bit of a tool.

Funnily enough I don't find her attractive any more, but back in the day I had a massive crush on her.

Cheers,
                                Finnthedude.

Comment

Working...
                                X