Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autograph Hunters (especially stagedoor stalkers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autograph Hunters (especially stagedoor stalkers)

What autographs has anyone got, and how nice were they at obliging?

So far I got :

Simon May
    Joan Armatrading
    Jack Jones
    Chuck Berry

and a few other non-music-related autographs.
    Van_Whistler (too young to understand - old enough to know better)

Local sports stars were as exotic as it got in my autograph-hunting days. I've seen a few famous folk tho since ( on another thread ).
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

I went through a period of writing to various celebs when I was a kid requesting autographs.
      I had varying degrees of success, celebs based in Britain were generally more forthcoming then celebs in America.

Comment

i used to be in st johns and (ok its not an autograph) but i remember that bella emberg came down from her dressing room after a theatre performance one night to sign fans autographs she was there for nearly an hour bless her !!!
        Russ abbot meanwhile barged past his fans and was quite unprofessional , and wlof was there , remember him from the gladiators , he was a great celeb , there was a little boy who was s**t scared of him but wolf took the time to distance him self from his on screen image and held the little boy a really nice guy well done wolfie !!!

Comment

Autographs

I am almost a professional autograph collector!!!

I write to stars and send a stamped envelope and recently my best ones have been PAUL NEWMAN (swoon - even though he's about 127 now), Doris Day (my all-time heroine), Brian Blessed, Tim Dalton, Charles Dance, David McCallum (Steel of Sapphire and....), David Tennant and Tony Curtis.

Also - this is my heirloom of the future - I have 'The Monty Python Papperbok' (that's the correct spelling!) signed by ALL SIX Pythons. Now, of course, impossible to get, since dear Graham Chapman departed this life.

If anyone out there wants help with finding a contact address for a celeb, I am pretty flipping good at finding addresses, so do PM me and I will do my best to help!

~ Smee_1972

Comment

i'm not a collector of autographs, but i have a couple from random meetings with the then famous.
            Dick Emery was on the next table to us in a cafe in southport and my dad sent me over with a napkin and pen.

eddie kidd
            sinita
            cheggers and maggie philbin all of which stayed at my parents hotel in the 80's

Comment

Re: Autograph Hunters (especially stagedoor stalkers)

i used to have hundreds of autographs but lost them one time i was moving house {also some photos of me with rock stars}
              bon scott
              ritchie blackmore
              david coverdale
              mark knofler
              jon bon jovi
              noddy holder/dave hill/jim lea/don powell
              suzi quatro
              ian hunter
              paul rodgers
              james hetfield
              lars ulrich
              paul dianno
              steve harris
              ian gillan

the list used to go on and on _take it they would be worth a small fotune now {bugger}

Comment

Famous personalities used to open our school fétes in the 70s. Peter Osgood and two Tomorrow People actors come to mind. I had a little autorgraph book where I collected them all. Alas I don't have it anymore. The only stage door one I have is from Kate Manning, (Jo in Doctor Who), from a play in 1981. She gave me and my friend so much time, and was so kind.

Comment

The only autographs I have from the 70s-90s are :-

Billy Connolly
                  Ed Stewart
                  Ilie Nastase

sigpic
                  'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I have the autographs of Ronnie Barker and some Aston Villa players from the late 1990s including Paul McGrath.
                    The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

David Sylvian and some other members of Japan, on a 7 inch single (can't remember what the A side was called, but the B side was something about swimming?)

Wonder where thats gone????? I must have a sort out......one day.

Comment

I did have Louis Mansi's autograph, he played Von Smallhouzen in Allo, Allo....he was an ex pupil of my former school...I did get Robert Hardy's autograph when I worked at John Lewis, he came in with some other bloke - probably his son - and he was so pompous. He sighed before signing the paper...I threw it away. I never ask nowadays as they usually aren't worth it and if they turn out arrogant I'd probably tell them so and say I'd be telling others about their off screen persona...lol. If it was someone mega famous, i.e. legendary like Clint Eastwood, Roger Moore or had Elvis or Sinatra, or John Wayne still been alive then sure, I'd have given it a try. Sadly all the heroes of film and tv I really liked are gone now.

Comment

I only have one autograph. Brian Blessed who I met once in London as a teenager. For the record he was nice, but I don't think I'd approach anyone for an autograph now. A combination of not wanting to disturb those who don't want to be bothered and not wanting to stroke the egos of those who do want to be bothered!
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

I'd definitely chat to Brian Blessed - the guy is mad. Very funny too. If anyones seen the extended version of Have I Got News For You when he was guest presenter they'll know what I mean. I also loved it when he was in Tom Jones with Max Beezley and he literally had me in stitches when he started banging a giant cooked chicken on the dining table...I kid thee not!

Comment

I think he gets more crazy as the years go by! He was as loud and mad when I met him as he is on TV, but I still suspect that this is a persona he has cultivated over the years. I'm only going by an episode of some TV show from the 60's that I watched. He had a bit part in it (beardless to boot) and was nothing like the BB we know and love. Perhaps he was still able to be kept under control in those days!
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                              X