Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rubbish home made balloon kits

i remember as a kid getting a really naff present as a stocking filler
    it was a lump of stuff that looked and felt like blue tac but was fountain pen ink blue and it came with a tube that looked like a fat drinking straw the idea was you was supposed to tare a piece of this rubber/latex/plastic stuff off the block mould it in to a shape stick it on the end of the tube blow it and voila you had a balloon
    it never seemed to go as planed though and i had countless blue peas instead i did once manage to get one to the size of an apple but that wasnt much fun to play with :cry:

Re: rubbish home made balloon kits

On a similar theme, I remember on several occasions getting those packs of balloons that came with stickers of eyes, noses, mouths and ears for you to "personalise" your balloon. Some of them were freakily grotesque when you'd finished!
    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I can't remember those kits, but I do remember getting a packet of modeling balloons from Habitat once. It was the best £1 ever
      spent. First time I'd seen them outside of a clown's hands and I loved them. Kept me entertained for days if not a few weeks.

One Christmas I also got a giant balloon (about the same size as an exercise ball but they didn't exist then) and I loved that as well. Easily pleased
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Discussed here

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/threads/2638

Comment

Working...
        X