Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Rose Has To Die Old 70's song i think

Can anyone help with this one.
    I remember my dad giving me this old 45' record. The song was called 'A Rose Has To Die'.

I am sure the band featured the guy from BBC kids programmes, the guy had a mop of black hair and glasses and played the guitar.

Heeeeelp, it's driving me mad. The song was **** by the way.

I think it went something like:-

A rose has to die, every time you tell a lie.... blah blah

Re: A Rose Has To Die Old 70's song i think

The Dooleys did it, but it was originally performed by the Ryders. Sung by Dennis East

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xERfOvDRWJA
    Last edited by sixtyten; 10-08-2010, 14:13.

Comment

I remember the Dooleys singing As a rose has to die. I absolutely loved the song (think I wore the grooves through my 45 on my record player and my parents scatty) as well as another one they did called The chosen Few. If anyone knows where I can find either of these songs by the Dooleys to buy/download I'd love to know where, thanks.

Don't suppose any one remembers a song with the lyrics something like 'it was me and my pretty baby, on the milkyway, yer' thats the only words I know and I'm definitely talking the 70s (early to mid I think) can't remember the name of the group at all. Likewise, if anyone knows where I can find it, I'd love to know. Thanks

Comment

OOEERR! We must have the same tastes! I liked Every Rose. but, Loved The Dooleys "Chosen few" I think it is on youtube. I know why you like it though, "It Is CheerFull!"

Comment

Thanks guys... of course The Dooleys..
          Was the guy wityh the mop black hair Mike Reid. ????

Comment

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
            OOEERR! We must have the same tastes! I liked Every Rose. but, Loved The Dooleys "Chosen few" I think it is on youtube. I know why you like it though, "It Is CheerFull!"
            Totally agree it's a cheerful catchy tune. Don't suppose you have any idea about the song with the lyrics about the milky way do you?

Comment

Originally posted by The Low Country View Post
              Totally agree it's a cheerful catchy tune. Don't suppose you have any idea about the song with the lyrics about the milky way do you?
              Could it possibly be 'Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel' by Tavares? It does have similar lyrics.
              sigpic
              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Hiya. Good suggestion but not the right one, I know that song well & it's not the one I'm thinking of. I could hum the tune but that wouldn't help would it :-)

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
                Could it possibly be 'Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel' by Tavares? It does have similar lyrics.

Comment

It was by a group called sheer elegance and called milky way. You can see it on you tube Cheers Pat x

Comment

Working...
                  X