Films again and again . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Films again and again . . .

This is the film I watched no end of times in the eighties. Anyone else seen this? Favourite quotes from this I liked was:- Life is pain, pain is everything, you will learn, teacher teacher, I am the future.

Click image for larger version

Name:	steg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	260159

Comment

dont think ive ever seen this but gregorys girl is one i can watch over and over.
      its good fun with out going to far.

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
      This is the film I watched no end of times in the eighties. Anyone else seen this? Favourite quotes from this I liked was:- Life is pain, pain is everything, you will learn, teacher teacher, I am the future.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3474[/ATTACH]
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3474[/ATTACH]
        Remember this film very well, loved the Alice Cooper song as the theme tune. The sequels were not too good though.:cry:

Comment

Gregory's Girl.

Comment

Fernandel

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fernand Joseph Désiré Contandin (8 May 1903 – 26 February 1971), better known as Fernandel, was a French actor and singer. Born in Marseille, France, he was a comedy star who first gained popularity in French vaudeville, operettas, and music-hall revues. His stage name is the diminutive form of his first name in Occitan.
            In 1930, Fernandel appeared in his first motion picture and for more than forty years he would be France's top comic actor. He was perhaps best-loved for his portrayal of the irascible Italian village priest at war with the town's Communist mayor in the Don Camillo series of motion pictures. His horse-like teeth became part of his trademark.
            He also appeared in Italian and American films. His first Hollywood motion picture was 1956's Around the World in Eighty Days in which he played David Niven's coachman. His popular performance in that film led to his starring with Bob Hope and Anita Ekberg in the 1958 comedy Paris Holiday.
            In addition to acting, Fernandel also directed or co-produced several of his own films.
            Fernandel died from lung cancer and is buried in the Cimetière de Passy, Paris, France.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgl0YzRoBfw

I can watch this film over and over. It does in no way spoil it by having the subtitles. BTW I am not an OAP for knowing about this film I am not over the hill yet!

This is another film (more up to date!) that I can watch frequently:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...5xv3ZutXI#t=0s
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Beach Life; 22-11-2012, 12:27.

Comment

another i watch regular is contamination which stars ian mcCulloch.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Tiger Bay great black & White film from 1959

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                  I love black and white movies !!

I’ve seen some new movies are releasing black and white versions !

I actually prefer them !

Logan, director James Mangold says a black and white version is coming because positive responses to the moody photos he shot on set, which he posted on Twitter and the film's official Instagram, @wponx. ... It's safe to say that, for the most part, color is inconsequential to the story in Logan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• Re: Films again and again . . .

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                      On telly yesterday...John mills and daughter Hayley
                      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Hobsons choice
                        a taste of honey
                        friday night saturday morning
                        Whistle down the wind

As you can see i love the old black and whites

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                          Hobsons choice
                          a taste of honey
                          friday night saturday morning
                          Whistle down the wind

As you can see i love the old black and whites
                          A Taste of Honey - such a great film. A teenage Rita Tushingham was such a star when she appeared in it. You can tell that Coronation Street started around this time considering the working-classness of social wellbeing back then. BBC 2 last shown it in August 1994 and it hasn't been seen on terrestrial TV since, although it might have been shown on one of those TCM type channels in recent years.

Don't you mean Saturday Night, Sunday Morning? Great film, and if you were a Nottingham person like myself (and is old enough to remember Nottingham in the 1950s unlike Yours Truly who was born 20 years later), you will feel as if you have been sucked into a time machine back to people did say "duck" rather than words which rhyme with it, and also when Raleigh and Players were two prominent Nottingham workforces back then. John "Nottingham North Communist candidate" Peck also makes a cameo as well, medals and all. Friday Night, Saturday Morning was that BBC 2 chat show on Friday nights between 1979 and 1982 which gave Harold "a week is a long time" Wilson his big break as the titan of chat show hosts.
                          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

On telly yesterday...John mills and daughter Hayley
                            Indeed saw it love black & white films

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                              A Taste of Honey - such a great film. A teenage Rita Tushingham was such a star when she appeared in it. You can tell that Coronation Street started around this time considering the working-classness of social wellbeing back then. BBC 2 last shown it in August 1994 and it hasn't been seen on terrestrial TV since, although it might have been shown on one of those TCM type channels in recent years.

Don't you mean Saturday Night, Sunday Morning? Great film, and if you were a Nottingham person like myself (and is old enough to remember Nottingham in the 1950s unlike Yours Truly who was born 20 years later), you will feel as if you have been sucked into a time machine back to people did say "duck" rather than words which rhyme with it, and also when Raleigh and Players were two prominent Nottingham workforces back then. John "Nottingham North Communist candidate" Peck also makes a cameo as well, medals and all. Friday Night, Saturday Morning was that BBC 2 chat show on Friday nights between 1979 and 1982 which gave Harold "a week is a long time" Wilson his big break as the titan of chat show hosts.
                              Of course...saturday night sunday morning....silly of me! , thanks George

Comment

Of course...saturday night sunday morning....silly of me! , thanks George
                                What a difference a day makes.
                                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X