Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arcades And Fun fair Rides

Default Re: Arcades And Fun fair Rides

I used to like the one where you sat on a moving horse and had to shoot down the cowboys as they came past. Another was a computer one where you had to make a frog jump between lilly pads.

Many arcades also had rides for younger kids (like me). A popular one was a helicopter that moved up and down.
    1976 Vintage

2. Default Re: Arcades And Fun fair Rides

Thats just made me think of the games where you shot the targets and a life size model cowboy would come out from behind a stable or saloon door, or you'd shoot a target and beer bottles would spill over, the one we always aimed at was the barrel and water would spurt out at you

3. Default Re: Arcades And Fun fair Rides

Been looking for a picture of the above with no joy, it was almost the size of a full room ,each target triggered off movement in the room Thinking about it I'm sure one cowboy might of been sat on the Loo

Quote Originally Posted by huggie74 View Post
    Been looking for a picture of the above with no joy, it was almost the size of a full room ,each target triggered off movement in the room Thinking about it I'm sure one cowboy might of been sat on the Loo
    I've mentioned something like this on another thread. Our local funfair had one called hillbilly moonshine. There was lots of squirting water and, as you mentioned, a man sitting in one of those shed toilets with a moon shape cut out of the door. The door opened if you hit the target
    1976 Vintage

5. Default Re: Arcades And Fun fair Rides

Found your post Trickyvee, that sounds like the exact same one, I'd love to see it again

6. Default Re: Arcades And Fun fair Rides

not exactly the same as the one I remember but close enough

Quote Originally Posted by Trickyvee View Post
    I've mentioned something like this on another thread. Our local funfair had one called hillbilly moonshine. There was lots of squirting water and, as you mentioned, a man sitting in one of those shed toilets with a moon shape cut out of the door. The door opened if you hit the target
    Was that at 'Spanish City'? I seem to remember something like that there or am I confusing it the the Town Moor?
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Yes it was at the Spanish City
    1976 Vintage

Hillybilly Moonshine,I loved that.Loved Tucktonia too.There were loads of games,but I can remember them.The little arcade by the riverside in Christchurch had loads of old fashioned games.At the fairground I always remember the Star Wars flying saucer thing,that was my fav.

tulip

I last saw one of those Shooting Galleries at Poldark in 1992. An arcade in Wells Nex The Sea had one until a few years before.
    The Trickster On The Roof