Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What old programmes would you like released on dvd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What old programmes would you like released on dvd?

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
    I agree with Wil - Think Of A Number with Johnny Ball was brilliant! If all maths teachers were that fascinating we'd all be very very clever.

I'd like to see a DVD of "Stop It and Tidy Up" it was a cartoon with characters all based on the things your parents say to you when you're little, there was "Wash Your Face, Don't Do That, and the Big, Bad I Said NO!"
    Am I on my own there or does anyone else remember that?

apologies if you're aware of this...but the DVD set (13 episodes) is available on Amazon...in case you wanted 'em!
    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I would love to see the mid 80's series,Prospects,on DVD.

Comment

i liked Prospects too, wasnt it Billy and Pincey??

Comment

Originally posted by Lisey View Post
          Maid Marian
          Another vote for Mysterious Cities of Gold
          Maid Marian is already available but a new box set is due out in September

Mysterious Cities of Gold was released in June

Comment

Cool. Now my friends will finally get why seeing the Worksop train at Nottingham station makes me laugh.
            I'm your duck

Comment

I'd love to see on dvd:

The Changes - because I saw it when I was around 3/4 and parts of it really stayed with me.

Perfect World - with Paul Kaye. A fantastic sitcom from the late 90's. I emailed Tiger Aspect but they have no plans to release it.

Comment

Falcon Island- 80's Australian Kids Adventure show set on an island, cracking theme tune.
                Children's TV -* Fables of La Fontaine to The Flinstones
                DUB BE GOOD TO ME: Those imported kids' programmes in full

Hardwicke House- Banned 80's Comedy starring Roy Kinnear, Rik Mayall, Ade Edmonson, Keith Allen (Lily's Dad) and loads more sitcom stars from that era. Taken off the air after 2 episodes the show caused such an uproar that central television reputedly wiped the tapes, or did they.....?
                Some Of The Corpses Are Amusing

Seaview- Yvette (I think I hear something) Fielding stars in this guest house set six parter from the 80's featuring romance adventue and 11 space invader machines.
                "Seaview" (1983)
                Seaview (TV series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Paradise Club- Lesley Grantham starred as an ex-con night club owner whose brother (Don Henderson of 'Bulman' fame) a priest, was trying to make him go straight. Loads of elaborate hesits ensued, think of McGyver meets McVicar.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdlRHQdDQLk

Boys From The Bush- Tim Healy as an ex pat private eye living in Sydney, notable for the Charachter of Arlene, Tim Healy's daughter from hell played with aplomb by ex soap star Nadine Garner.
                "Boys from the Bush" (1991)

The Other One- Long Forgotten Gem starring Michael Gambon as a business man holidaying alone and Richard Briers as the know it all holiday companion who latches on to him. Duty Free for people with a sense of humour.
                "The Other One" (1977)

and in no other particular order,

Educating Marmalade. (Charlotte Coleman still Rocks!)
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgEnmiEUA3E

Boon.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBZSTrlcylU

Dodger Bonzo and the Rest.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noyS2wW7hrQ

Don't Drink The Water.
                "Don't Drink the Water" (1974)

Grahams Gang.
                Graham's Gang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Never The Twain
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8beMq2rlE4

Rockliffes Babies.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyUiHK3rPDU

Selwyn Froggit.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSa7k0QxBMQ

Shoestring.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ha5D-qaxBw

Your Mother Wouldn't Like It.
                Your Mother Wouldn't Like It - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope these bring back a few memories. If anyone can track down Falcon Island or Hardwicke house I'd love to get a copy of either one.
                Last edited by Heather74; 12-10-2008, 16:36.

Comment

The Wonder Years - Absolutely wonderful programme about a guy called Kevin Arnold who narrates the story of his childhood life between 1968-1973. Although this setting is well before my time I think its such a fantastic show with a grown up Kevin telling us about his experiences during his younger days and what he learned from them. I only really started watching this proper when Channel 5 aired it on a sunday morning about 6-7 years back, I think you can now see it in the evening on one of the ITV channels.

Unfortunately though, because of the amount of music tracks which are used throughout the show, The Wonder Years has never been released on DVD in all its glory. This show would just not be the same without its music though, hopefully one day somebody will be able to find the cash to pay for the music rights as I'm sure many people would love to buy this on DVD.

I have to mention one of the final lines spoken by adult Kevin in the final episode though, its just an awesome line - “I remember a place, a town. A house like a lot of houses. A yard like a lot of other yards. On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is, after all these years, I still look back, with wonder.”

Comment

I'd love to see Dark Towers released. This was part of the Look and Read School programmes. Brilliant!

Charlie

Comment

The Wonder Years DVD

Hi Palazzo,
                      This site is selling the complete set of Wonder Years DVD's (115 episodes). I get the impression that it's a bootleg but the site seems legit enough and the set is multi region DVD (will play in the UK) and is going for £26. Hope this helps.

The TVDVDStore :: Drama :: THE WONDER YEARS DVD COLLECTION

Comment

There was an early 70's kids Sci-Fi show called Sky which I've always wanted to see again. Only ran about a dozen episodes, but it was downright eerie-the lead character was a stranded alien boy with blank glowing blue eyes which scared my five or six year old self half to death! Anyone else remember it?

Comment

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
                          There was an early 70's kids Sci-Fi show called Sky which I've always wanted to see again. Only ran about a dozen episodes, but it was downright eerie-the lead character was a stranded alien boy with blank glowing blue eyes which scared my five or six year old self half to death! Anyone else remember it?
                          We have a few Threads with mentions of SKY I've added a tag to the bottom of this thread
                          Heather

Comment

byker gove, the henderson kids, simon and the witch, all of the childrens film foundation titles, grange hill

Comment

all carebears original series (with NOHEART and BEASTLY)
                              darkwing duck
                              chip and dale rescue rangers
                              talespin!!!!!
                              Scrooge and the ducklings (show name??)

I want to share all the good cartoons from my childhood with my daughter!! We've already got all the teddy ruxpin's on dvd!!

Comment

Originally posted by mizunderstood View Post
                                all carebears original series (with NOHEART and BEASTLY)
                                darkwing duck
                                chip and dale rescue rangers
                                talespin!!!!!
                                Scrooge and the ducklings (show name??)

I want to share all the good cartoons from my childhood with my daughter!! We've already got all the teddy ruxpin's on dvd!!

as well, what about garfield?? was he ever out on dvd in his series?? How do you find out how many episodes a series had?? wikipidea??

Any christmas shows from the 80/90's would be great to get on dvd as well. can't really think of any specific ones at the moment, but i loved those shows!

Comment

Working...
                                X