Where did you get those lyrics??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did you get those lyrics??

When you listen to a song i find you don't always listen to the lyrics properly,only when you set about really getting into it to you think to yourself that makes no sense what so ever.
    Examples of songs that have made me go what on earth include:
    "I smell like i sound i'm lost and i'm found and i'm hungry like the wolf" Hungry like the wolf by Duran Duran

" Hot dog,jumping frog Alberkirkie" King of rock n roll by Prefab Sprout.

Pretty much the whole song "The Riddle" by Nik Kershaw

Re: Where did you get those lyrics??

lol I always thought Nirvana's Smells like teen/team spirit was brilliant but odd lol

A mullato,
    an albino
    A mosquito
    my libido
    yay

Comment

Anything pened by Simon LeBon

Comment

I am a big Talking Heads fan but judging by some of the lyrics the whole band must have been off their faces most of the time. "Do I smell, I smell home cooking. Its only the river, its only the river" from Cities and pretty much the whole of Blind, one of their later tracks are obscure to say the least.
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Whip It by Devo
          I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Most of the lyrics to the early Genesis song "suppers ready". Now I love this song but god knows where some of the lyrics come from. They can be found at www.songmeanings.net

Comment

Any dream will do starts - I closed my eyes, drew back the curtains, to see for certain, what I thought i knew. How do you see with your eyes shut?
              The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

Maggie Reilly and Mike Oldfield, 'Moonlight Shadow': '4am in the morning'. Well of course it's the morning, it's 4am!

I'm always looking for musical oddities for the radio show, and I found a Norwegian-made but still English language cover version of Boney M's 'Ma Baker', by a singer called Gro Anita Schonn, and a nameless Norwegian male doing Bobby's bits. The hilarious thing was, these Norwegians clearly didn't hear Boney M's original lyrics properly - no internet or even Smash Hits in those days, so they presumably had to listen to the song and write the lyrics down.

The original song has the verse 'She met a man she liked, she thought she'd stay with him/When he informed on them, they did away with him'. However, the Norwegians recorded one line entirely differently so it became utter nonsense:

"She met a man she liked, she thought she'd stay with him / One day he formed with them, they did away with him".

I actually prefer the nonsensical Norwegian version!

Comment

I was a big Madness fan but some of their album songs were incomprehensible! Wasn't till years later that i bought the CDs with LYRICS! eg: Benny Bullfrog, Land of Hope & Glory, Disappear, Overdone, Tomorrows Dream, Prospects(actually most of the Keep Moving album). Still love em though!

Comment

Working...
                  X