Candy floss at the circus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candy floss at the circus

When I was five, I was taken to the circus for the first time. During the interval, I was given candy floss. I found it revolting.

It’s the only time I’ve ever been to a circus, but I remember very little of what happened in the ring: only that disgusting pink stuff.

Thirty years later, I tried candy floss again – without the circus this time. But it was just as bad as last time. Much too sweet, and with a horrible texture. It’s like eating cotton wool.
    The present is a foreign country. They do things differently here.

Re: Candy floss at the circus

Do you eat much cotton wool Marillion?

I agree with you. It's foul. Expensive too. One of those things that you always longed for but was extremely disappointing. Bit like cicuses really.
    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I don't eat much cotton wool, Jacqueline, but the Americans call it cotton candy, so I must be right in making the comparison. Cotton candy is advertised at the top of this page. I like the way that advertising software picks a word, takes it completely out of context, and uses it to advertise something, but in this case, they've got it right!
      The present is a foreign country. They do things differently here.

Comment

I was never that fond of candy floss. Not as good as those huge red candy dummies that you used to get.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

I always preferred that white nougat with nuts that I only ever got from fairgrounds. Candy floss just made you messy!
          sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
          X