Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: keyboards (of the musical kind)

Default Re: keyboards (of the musical kind)

Da Da Da was by Trio, though Kraftwerk did use Speak & Spell for Computerworld.
    The Trickster On The Roof

OMD also used a Speak & Spell on Genetic Engineering. Those little old Casio keyboards were great fun and seem to have a bit of a cult following these days.

Kraftwerk used the BeeGees rhythm machine. used to have one myself, along with the Casio VL

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfinster View Post
    i do have a lot of VSTsoftware based synths and sequencers as they take up less space and less prone to dying suddenly and drifting out of tune.
    I want my old pt30 back, had fond memories of it and i had customised it with a paint job.
    You've got Magix Music Maker 2013 haven't You? That has a few VST plugns and lets you use your computer's keyboard like a music keyboard but my keyboard's a forty five quid USB M-audio Keystation 32 Mini with downloadable free software.
    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

My parents bought a Casio keyboard for me. I wanted one after watching Adamski on some music programme or the other when the single Killer was released.

Quote Originally Posted by akb48fan View Post
    My parents bought a Casio keyboard for me. I wanted one after watching Adamski on some music programme or the other when the single Killer was released.
    You still got it and does it still work?
    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vanhelsing View Post
    You still got it and does it still work?
    I'm sure it's somewhere up in my parent's attic. I haven't touched it for well over 15 years. I might go and look for it over the weekend and see if it still works.

I had a Bontempi organ, big thing covered in fake wood panelling with fans that could be heard the other side of the village. I learnt to play it a bit, but my skills were the most basic.

It did provide a platform to learn sheet music which helped me gain a considerable head start when I started with the guitar. I'm grade 5 with that now, so you could say it worked out quite well.

Speaking of an earlier post, in my school in music we had little keyboards that played Billy Joels Just The Way You Are. Possibly the same model?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulos View Post
    I remember kids at school bringing in their old mini casio keyboards was it the casiotone? I'm not sure but I think it was used by Kraftwerk on da da da for it's tinny little rock beat.

Edit: just found it it was the vl tone

My first synth as well... (First of many...). Still got it, still works.

The next one was the Yamaha MK100, which was amazing for the time... Still got that too... It sounds great sampled into Kontakt...