The Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bill

Is it really the last ever episode tonight?

I remember sitting as a family and watching the first one back in 1984. We watched it for a good many years on a Tuesday and Thursday evening.
    I have to be honest and admit I've not watched it for a good many years, but I did get a little pang of nostalgic sadness when I just read it is finally coming to an end

P.S I use to have a bit of a thing for Mike Dashwood (Dishy Dashwood) and very oddly Roy Galloway
    Heather

Re: The Bill

It's sad to see it go. I haven't watched it for years and was too young for it when it started. I never missed an episode during its heyday though with Tosh Lines, Sgt Cryer and DI Burnside etc. It went too soapy after that.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Agree with you Tricky. Sgt Bob Cryer was fab
      "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

My Mum always had a thing for blokes with big noses so Sgt. Bob was her fav too
        Heather

Comment

I watched it a fair ammount in the mid-late 1990s after a friend got me into it, I went off it when it became to soapish.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Like others, I watched it in the early years and enjoyed it. But I recall seeing an episode by chance a few years ago where a PC was attacked and it was all a bit bloody and gory. I was surprised because it was broadcast about 8:00pm. I also remember thinking some of the acting was a bit over-the-top.

I'm not especially sorry it's going.

MB

Comment

I watched it from the start up until when it turned into a soap and became all politically correct.

The Burnside,Cryer, Carver, Ackland, lines era was the best.

Won't say i'll miss it but it was good in it's day.
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

The bill is filmed where i live in Merton,south London.I've been on it a few time(well,hanging about in the background during filming lol).The station is actually in the middle of a factory estate.A few family and friends have had their houses used for the show.Must say i haven't watched it in ages as it's gone down hill,but the old days of burnside,tosh and my fave Reg(legs eleven)where the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
                  I watched it from the start up until when it turned into a soap and became all politically correct.

The Burnside,Cryer, Carver, Ackland, lines era was the best.

Won't say i'll miss it but it was good in it's day.
                  it was a lot grittier till it became so pc and soap like.
                  don't think it was the lack of viewers that has made it finish.

so many good shows have finished in the last few yrs.
                  grange hill finished in 08 because shed productions apparently did not want to contunue with it.
                  something i grew up with.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Resurrecting this thread to ask, Who was the best - Burnside or Galloway?
                    ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

As I said in my opening post I had a school girl crush on Galloway. Didn't like Burnside but will admit he probably made better television as he was a far more complex character.
                      Heather

Comment

I really liked Galloway; great TV character. So hot headed you never really knew where you were with him. And despite John Salthouse's diminutive height, he really convinced as a copper I felt. A great performance
                        ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

Thnx for sharing that fact heather. Lol

yes burnside took no nonsense which i liked there was another officer cant think of his name but from memory he had a grey moustache i can picture him just cant remember his name.

I thought those 2 where 2 of the best.

A sad day when it ended and why did it end.

Quite a rough show in its time.

Originally posted by heather74 View Post
                          as i said in my opening post i had a school girl crush on galloway. Didn't like burnside but will admit he probably made better television as he was a far more complex character.

Comment

^ Ted Roach

Comment

Yes indeed thats the fella. Thnx young fella.

Them two together were a great team they took no nonsense what soever.

Originally posted by markxist View Post
                              ^ ted roach

Comment

Working...
                              X