Cluedo / Clue (US)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cluedo / Clue (US)

Who invented Cluedo? It was Reverend Green, in the Library with the lead piping.No, actually, it was a Mr Antony Pratt, in Leeds in 1949.Cluedo, is quite literally a board game phenomenon. It couldn

More...

Re: Cluedo / Clue (US)

I really like playing this, my set still had an ad sticker for Clue on the box.

clue is very funny as well.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

According to wikipedia:

cluedo pronounced /ˈkluːdoʊ/; Clue in North America) is a deduction board game originally published by Waddingtons in Leeds, United Kingdom in 1949.[2] It was devised by Anthony E. Pratt, a solicitor's clerk from Birmingham, England. It is now published by the United States game and toy company Hasbro, which acquired its U.S. publisher Parker Brothers as well as Waddingtons. The object of the basic game is for players to strategically move around the game board, in the guise of one of the game's characters, collecting clues from which to deduce which suspect murdered the game's perpetual victim: Dr. Black (Mr. Boddy in North American versions), and with which weapon and in what room.
      More games, books, and a film have been released as part of the Cluedo franchise. The board games form an overall story whose complete chronology can be found at Cluedo chronology.
      In 2008, Cluedo: Discover the Secrets was created (with changes to board, gameplay and characters) as a modern spin-off.
      Last edited by HG; 02-09-2010, 09:07. Reason: Adding source
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Mrs. White!

Attached Files
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

In the Granada series circa 1991, it was always C-list celebrities, being of the Jim Bowen or Gordon Burns kind who had to solve them, as well as Coronation Street actors on their day off.

And it was always Colonel Mustard who did the murder! Michael Jayston was probably the best Col Mustard even though his voice was a bit too unique.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
            In the Granada series circa 1991, it was always C-list celebrities, being of the Jim Bowen or Gordon Burns kind who had to solve them, as well as Coronation Street actors on their day off.

And it was always Colonel Mustard who did the murder! Michael Jayston was probably the best Col Mustard even though his voice was a bit too unique.
            I didn't watch every series of Cludeo but certainly saw the last 2. Col. Mustard was played by Leslie Grantham & Lewis Collins in those. I remember Jerry Hall was Miss Scarlet in one, complete with a red sports car which she committed a hit & run in, then had to kill off the victim of the week to cover it up!

Normally it was a different murderer in each show, which meant it was obvious who had committed it in the last one!
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
            X