Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what tv programmes should be brought back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what tv programmes should be brought back.

Originally posted by Balbarian74 View Post
    no necessarily only another two regenerations lol
    That'll be when Dr What steps up to the bar lol
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Probably best to leave well alone and let our happy memories stay just as they are.
      Just look at the mess the BBC made of remaking Robin Hood, The Day of the Triffids and, worst of all, the appalling travesty that was the Survivors 'reimaging'!

That said, I probably would like to see Quatermass make a comeback - but only if it respectfully kept the look and feel of the original. The BBC would probably turn the venerable professor into a gay, mixed-race, kung-fu kicking teenager (with a muslim assistant in a hijab), in order to tick their usual quota of politically correct boxes!

Comment

Hmm i really enjoyed The Survivors to be honest, although id never seen the original so i cant compare. Problem with updates is that for some reason the CGI and special effects team go mad and kill all suspense and horror with lame looking enemy/aliens/explosions etc...just look at the new version of V, it should have been a belter and eventually got a bit interesting but the inside of the spaceships were very badly done.
        If they remade classics like The children of green knowe or The Box of delights i think it would be a travesty, there is no way you can rekindle the magic of the originals even with better effects or better actors look how different the feel was with The Railway children and its updated version.

Comment

It aint half hot mum - but i cant see anyone being better than Winsor Davies and Melvyn Hayes

Get some in - "Fag for the Corpral"

Citizen Smith .... Class !!

They dont need to re make them ... i'd be happy if they just repeated them !!
          You cant make a woman love you ... you just have to stalk her and hope for the best !!

Comment

There was a partial remake of Quatermass a few years ago using the scripts from the orignal Quatermass Experiment.

The 4th Quatermass story & the films don't seem to be held in the same regard as the first 3 serials.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Oh you really must watch the original Survivors, RetroAEROSMITH. It was magnificent! The entire box set is available for under £20 last time I looked on Amazon. It's far more believable than the woeful remake!

Comment

"There was a partial remake of Quatermass a few years ago using the scripts from the orignal Quatermass Experiment."

You're right. It was a live rendering of the original script, starring David Tennant. It was OK but not particularly exciting. I believe the original writer left several more Quatermass scripts though and I would love to see a new Quatermass drama that faithfully retained the creepy look and feel of the original. Quatermass and the Pit has to be one of the most atmospheric TV dramas of all time!

Comment

I know what you mean I've got the Quatermass DVD with all the BBC serials on.

My Dad can remember when they were first shown & often being the talking point at school the next day.

The 4th story, starring John Mills was one that had been around since the late 1960s, so some aspects had dated in the decade before it was actually made.

Supposedly X-Files creator Chris Carter tried to get Quatermass creator Nigel Kneale out of retirement to write some scripts.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

id love to see tj hooker come back as well as the gentle touch dempsey and make peace.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The ones I'd wish for are Bread and Grange Hill, but the list in endless I think. Eg say Keeping Up Appearances with Hyacinth in retirement age - though obviously one or two of the cast have passed away - it'd still be a real workable project

Comment

The ones I'd wish for are Bread and Grange Hill, but the list in endless I think. Eg say Keeping Up Appearances with Hyacinth in retirement age - though obviously one or two of the cast have passed away - it'd still be a real workable project I think. Only Fools and Horses is another as is Last Of The summer Wine. Comedies like these can run forever given the amazing writers behind them in people like Roy Clark and the late John Sullivan. Regardless I am sure the Comic Relief sketch for OFAH will be brilliant - it's just a pitty it'll only be for a few mins or whatever.

On another note I'd love to see a revamped one-off of Fawlty Towers - say with John Cleese as an "Alan Sugar type figure" where he tries in vain to be a leader of all things Culinary and Tourism by training up a younger manager and in-advertently the Manager ends up being just like Bail through being totally inept, but neither can see the others' side of such a scenario. That'd be well funny I think for a storyline.

80sChav

Comment

To be truly honest I personally don't want to see anything come back.
                          I haven't seen a single redo/return of a classic programme that I have enjoyed.
                          I would consider some of the episodes of Dr Who over the past few years to be just about passable, but that's about it.
                          I have always shown interest when a classic returns, but I always end up feeling let down.
                          But what I would love to see instead would be more documentaries & suchlike about these classic shows.

Comment

id love see any the retro cartoons like he man dugeons and dragons
                            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

id like them to return if they where as good as the original series of course they have to bring them back take the risk.

he man for example did come back but i never knew till recently and was not that good and thundercats came back in the last few yrs and was actually pretty good as good as the original so i was very happy about that.

ive seen lots of docs on these shows i saw one recently on the original he man but on youtube great stuff.

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                              To be truly honest I personally don't want to see anything come back.
                              I haven't seen a single redo/return of a classic programme that I have enjoyed.
                              I would consider some of the episodes of Dr Who over the past few years to be just about passable, but that's about it.
                              I have always shown interest when a classic returns, but I always end up feeling let down.
                              But what I would love to see instead would be more documentaries & suchlike about these classic shows.

Comment

So i see robot wars has been brought back its last series in 2004.
                                Im glad to see it back.

I must say i did like it but its changed in some ways there are less one on one battles.

Comment

Working...
                                X