Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what tv programmes should be brought back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what tv programmes should be brought back.

Originally posted by darren View Post
    So i see robot wars has been brought back its last series in 2004.
    Im glad to see it back.

I must say i did like it but its changed in some ways there are less one on one battles.
    It had some differences from the original series but was close enough in spirit for me.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

One difference is you had 4 robots in the same arena fighting at the same time which is new.

New presenters which i did expect.

But yes im pretty happy..

It had pretty good viewing figures over 2 million.

SAME HOUSE ROBOTS TOO.

Weve had robot wars weve had dangermouse both back.

Originally posted by richard1978 View Post
      it had some differences from the original series but was close enough in spirit for me.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

There hasn't been a decent firefighting based drama since "London's Burning" (well, up to about series 12 - after that it became a bit of a tawdry soap opera; and I didn't rate "Steel River Blues"). While it couldn't be remade with the same characters, let alone cast (as I suppose most would have been pensioned off), I would like to see a decent modern continuation of this programme (some of the old favourites could maybe be brought out for cameo roles / "desk pilots" still in the service if they really had to, I suppose).

Now, of course, this would never happen. And some things are best left alone, but from reading the title of the thread, it got me thinking - this was one of three shows I used to really look forward to on a Sunday night before the new school week: 7.30 - You've Been Framed; 8.00 - Heartbeat; 9.00 - London's Burning! Some repeats on ITV3 would go down a treat.

Comment

Randall and Hopkirk
          Persuaders
          Jason King
          Champions

Comment

One of many has to be Love Thy Neighbour broadcast by Thames on ITV in the 70's

Sadly it will never be repeated thanks to the politically correct world we live in today.

Fortunately I do have the whole series on VHS

'Til Death Us Depart is still repeated though. Racism is the order of the day there, as in LTN, but less obvious as Warren Mitchell's character Alf Garnett is a bigoted racist
            Last edited by Twocky61; 28-07-2016, 09:21.
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

UFO

Ed Straker - George Clooney
              Paul Foster - Clive Owen
              Alec Freeman - Ray Winstone
              Moonbase Commander - Cara Delevigne
              The "Ayshea" role - Melanie Sykes
              The General - John Travolta
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Your correct about those 2 not a chance of those coming back if they did theyd be very different.

Originally posted by twocky61 View Post
                one of many has to be love thy neighbour broadcast by thames on itv in the 70's

sadly it will never be repeated thanks to the politically correct world we live in today.

Fortunately i do have the whole series on vhs

'til death us depart is still repeated though. Racism is the order of the day there, as in ltn, but less obvious as warren mitchell's character alf garnett is a bigoted racist

Comment

The Crystal Maze.
                  Knightmare - or a similar chromakey adventure gameshow.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                    The Crystal Maze.
                    Knightmare - or a similar chromakey adventure gameshow.
                    I'm sure I heard recently there had been plans to bring the Crystal Maze back.

Comment

yes apparently amanda holden was to present it if i remember right was well over a year ago i heard this.

It was just fantastic althou ed tudor pole was very different to richard o brien.

Originally posted by richard1978 View Post
                      i'm sure i heard recently there had been plans to bring the crystal maze back.

Comment

This is a thread that I have brought back, but in answer to the original question, here is my choices:

1) This is Your Life - It might be full of Reality TV stars now if it were brought back, but it a show that was never short of having star names on there, as well as those who have done good as well.

2) That's Life! - Put it back on Sunday nights - How about Fern Britton in the Esther Rantzen role, and Harry Hill doing the Cyril Fletcher Odd Odes?

3) Game for a Laugh - Stephen Mulhern, and three other C-list celebrities as hosts. Who is the Jeremy Beadle of the early 21st century these days?

4) Play Your Cards Right - But would it work with another host now that Brucie's gone?

5) World in Action - Nice left-wing current affair series. Tonight was never a great replacement for it.
                        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I was recently thinking that This is Your Life would be great to bring back, the earlier shows didn't always have famous people but had an interesting life story, including the women whose experiences in the 2nd World War was the basis of Tenko.

Most of the others would be good, though sometimes having the right hosts had make or break a show.

Comment

Bread - though it'll not be easy as Carla Laine has pased on, though I am sure another writer can do it justice as with Only Fools and Horses too and similar for Last Of The Summer Wine (and there I dunno how Roy Clarke keeps on producing comedys in his mid 80s as he is, his mind must be as alert as a 50 year and to keep making stuff that is only a tad recyled is amazing - though I'm no fan of Still Open All Hours, mind). I'd sure like to see Today's generation carrying on for 40 years or more just like the 60/70s/80s Singers!

80sChav

Comment

I agree that This is your Life could still probably work today. No matter what the decade is, people still have interesting life stories.

Comment

It's a Knockout for me

Obviously Eddie Waring and Stuart Hall, the original presenters, probably wont be available, so any ideas?
                                sigpic
                                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                                X