Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what tv programmes should be brought back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what tv programmes should be brought back.

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    I agree that This is your Life could still probably work today. No matter what the decade is, people still have interesting life stories.
    I agree here too StaffsLad and That's Life would be another great contender I think. How Ester Ranzon re-united people etc was so better dune than Davina McCalls recent similar programme i always found

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
      I agree here too StaffsLad and That's Life would be another great contender I think. How Ester Ranzon re-united people etc was so better dune than Davina McCalls recent similar programme i always found

80sChav

Yes, it could work. It mixed some very funny segments with some really quite serious and hard-hitting segments and campaigns.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
        It's a Knockout for me

Obviously Eddie Waring and Stuart Hall, the original presenters, probably wont be available, so any ideas?
        I remember Channel 5 brought it back with Keith Chegwin & Nell McAndrew in the late 1990s.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Cheggers isn't available anymore either for obvious reasons. I could imagine some eccentric celebrity such as Harry Hill or Keith Lemon hosting it.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

That's it Richard; Keith Chegwin would have been brilliant choice Along with Maggie Philbin, as in Multi-Coloured Swap-shop
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Take Your Pick that was a good quiz show. and still get old des to host it.

Blankety Blank

Family Fortunes

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

It's often a case with quiz shows that they need the right sort of host to make them work.

I normally like Harry Hill in most of the things he does, but he seemed out of place presenting the recent revival of Stars In Their Eyes.

Comment

Sapphire and steel. Loved that program. I doubt if it would ever be as good but if they got the atmosphere right with a great cast and superb writing it could be as good as Dr Who.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                    Sapphire and steel. Loved that program. I doubt if it would ever be as good but if they got the atmosphere right with a great cast and superb writing it could be as good as Dr Who.
                    My old girlfriend had the S&S box set which we watched most of together. Most of the stories still held up, though I imagine a new version wouldn't have as many parts as the original.

Survivors was another attempt at reviving a a science fiction show that didn't work so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                      My old girlfriend had the S&S box set which we watched most of together. Most of the stories still held up, though I imagine a new version wouldn't have as many parts as the original.

Survivors was another attempt at reviving a a science fiction show that didn't work so well.
                      I liked S & S. haven't seen it since we watched the original.
                      We've literally just finished watching both of the "Survivors" series (again).
                      I don't think the remake is too bad. I just wish they'd finished it off properly.
                      Anything is better than the seemingly endless cop / murder mysteries that seem to be most of what's on offer these days.

Comment

I quite liked the original Adventure game. Seemed a lot more intelligent then the endless stream of Crystal Maze.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                          I quite liked the original Adventure game. Seemed a lot more intelligent then the endless stream of Crystal Maze.
                          I liked it as well, some of the puzzles were very tricky, mostly involving brain power rather than the more psychical challenges of the Crystal Maze.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                            It's often a case with quiz shows that they need the right sort of host to make them work.

I normally like Harry Hill in most of the things he does, but he seemed out of place presenting the recent revival of Stars In Their Eyes.

Yes, I had this feeling that Leslie Crowther wouldn't have liked the tweaks that were made to the Hill version of the show. The "contestants" felt to me like actors and not like ordinary people who wanted to do the karaoke and fancy dress routine that SITE was all about.
                            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Brookside

Telly Addicts

Grange Hill

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

I don't thing we should bring old tv programmes back. Some of the programmes brought back over years are just awful, just look at the remakes of Porridge, and Randall & Hopkirk etc. I also don't like remakes of films.

Comment

Working...
                                X