• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Breakfast Television

'shmoozing' Hahaha! What a great word, yup he sure is a shmoozer

Comment

Mr Motivator did some sort of promotional tour many years back in conjunction with some sort of healthy yoghurt. I say 'tour', he actually just went around shopping centres giving out autographs and T-Shirts. My nan met him at one of these shopping centres and picked me up some freebies.

The T-Shirt was about 3 sizes too big and the autograph was a postcard with him posing and 'Love Derek' Scrawled in the corner. I binned it shortly after.

Still, I thought it was a masterstroke getting Mr Motivator (Derek to his mates) to introduce Power Rangers in the summer holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
        I remember they used to have a doctor with glasses and dark hair in the early days of TVam
        Are you thinking of Doctor Chris Steele?

"She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Wasnt Rustie Lee on TV AM too doing her cooking? if i remember rightly it was always about 8.30 in the morning just before Roland Rat, i met her in Redditch a few weeks back and she was a r lovley woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
            I remember TVam starting with Ann Diamond and Nick something. Gordon Honeycomb used to read the news, they used to tease him for saying 'Hello, good morning' in the same tone, day after day. Remember Lloyd Grossman had a slot once a week where he'd go through the keyhole? Wasn't Hilary Jones, the resident doctor or was it Mark Porter?
            it might have been nick ross your thinking of ann.

lloyd grossman and david frost did through the keyhole ann.
            lasted a half hour.
            it was on bbc 1.

here is the one your thinking of Ann.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6v9w63rqKs
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Jingbang View Post
              Wasnt Rustie Lee on TV AM too doing her cooking? if i remember rightly it was always about 8.30 in the morning just before Roland Rat, i met her in Redditch a few weeks back and she was a r lovley woman.
              here you go mate.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVXfHJf8L2U

Comment

I'm going to have a go at using the @ sign the way the youngsters have started doing. Lets see if I can pull it off...

@ Ann22, The Nick was Nick Owen, who now does the Midlands today evening show.
                @ Jacqueline, It wasn't Chris Steele. I don't know who he was but he never appeared on TV again!
                @ JingBang, I saw Rusty on a show the other week. Looks exactly the same and with the same hearty laugh.

Hmm, I don't like the @ business. What is wrong with 'to'?
                1976 Vintage

Comment

One thing about 'TV-am' I recall was the egg-in-cup (1983) logo/motif at the end. In '84 it was joined by a second, then a third the following year, and by the late '80s there was a sort of triangular arrangement of eggs in cups. Then there was the very distinctive 'Good Morning Britian' theme tune (nothing to do with the Aztec Camera / Mick Jones song), which was none-more-'80s.
                  "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Good Morning with Anne and Nick was a terrible programme, they were always trying to be funny and it was all very twee.
                    In later years, in the days before the Big Breakfast on Channel 4, they had the Breakfast Programme (I think that's what it was called). It was basically a news programme similar to the BBC news channel now but less heavy going. I seem to remember having a crush on one of the presenters, Caroline Wrighton....

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                      I'm old enough to remember the start of breakfast television in the UK. What was on before it? Did they show other programmes or did the telly just not start until later?

Sadly I can remember when TV didn't start till 5pm for "Children's Hour" and went off at 10pm. It was all black and white too.

A great show I remember when my kids were young was Swap Shop on saturday mornings. Noel Edmunds, Maggie Philbin and Kieth Chegwin were presenters. It was originally called "Noel Edmund's Multicoloured Swap Shop"!
                      The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

I remember the early days of TVAM with Ann and Nick.

Here a link to the opening ident

clive

Comment

Originally posted by ratboy View Post
                          Good Morning with Anne and Nick was a terrible programme, they were always trying to be funny and it was all very twee.
                          In later years, in the days before the Big Breakfast on Channel 4, they had the Breakfast Programme (I think that's what it was called). It was basically a news programme similar to the BBC news channel now but less heavy going. I seem to remember having a crush on one of the presenters, Caroline Wrighton....
                          Nearly became a Tory MP a few months ago, sorry, I find her a bit patronising. She tried to take over a debate with other candidates from her constituency from Bill Turnbull on BBC Brekky during the election campaign. I was glad she didn't win after that.

Comment

yes must say always thought anne diamond was a bit patronising.
                            she would think she is netter than other people.

nick was a decent fella though.

that tv am clip brings back memories.

Comment

Yorkshire TV launched a trial of Breakfast TV in 1977!

Comment

Working...
                              X