Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Series on telly late 1970s or early 1980s...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series on telly late 1970s or early 1980s...

Does anyone remember this? It was a series I think on ITV about a teenage girl whose father left home to live with his girlfriend in London. The address was something square? She had an older brother maybe, and the series follows her over the next few years until she has left home. No idea what it was called, I've looked on Wikipedia with no success. Can any of you extremely kind lurverly people help? Please? Maybe the girls name was Anna?

I remember a few other details - there is one scene where she is walking down a road in the lake district towards a pub and she has a very strong feeling of deja vu, and then it turns out that the landlord is her real father, or something like that (she had learnt/learned that the man in London was not actually her dad a few years previously).

Her 'father' goes to live with his girlfriend, a middle aged woman who has no kids, in her central london home with an address something like Chelsea Square. Her mother is slowly losing her sanity and there is a scene where she gets called out of school in the middle of the day to be told her father is leaving (I think). It's all quite hazy tbh, but I would love to know what it is.

Re: Series on telly late 1970s or early 1980s...

Hi, I see this is going to be a tricky one to identify. Hmm. Can't really remember much else about it, maybe it was 1980, '81?

Comment

Its not one I personally remember. I have
      done some digging and searching but come up with nothing yet
      Its certainly not easily to find on the web, hopefully one of our members will actually remember watching it themselves.
      Dont give up on us just yet, keep checking back we like a challenge
      Heather

Comment

I think it was adapted from a book but I have looked at the best sellers for that period and nothing has come up. The actress was white but she had 'slanted' eyes, giving her a very slightly oriental look. It might have been set in Manchester???

Comment

The more I think about it the more I reckon it was definitely set in Manchester and one of the men was called Jake. Maybe this was the man that Anna ended up with?

Comment

Its certainly not easily googled all our regular members/best searchers have been on board, but I'm sure someone will either remember or find it in the end. Sometimes it takes time.
            And of course we have newbies joining us all the time who may know.
            I'll make sure I message you if anyone does reply
            Heather

Comment

Thanks, I will post back if I remember any more snippets. It was definitely from a book as I can visualise the cover that they had for the TV tie-in.

Comment

Nice one, every little bit of info helps, it may just spark off a magic keyword
                Heather

Comment

I asked about the book on Abe Books and it is called My Father's House by Kathleen Conlon. I haven't been able to track down the tv series yet but the book will satisfy me for now, thanks!

Comment

My Father House 1981 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1437684/
                    Heather

Comment

Ah, that's really sad as it looks like the series is not out on DVD.

Comment

it was called 'my father's house', aired on bbc in 1981

Comment

Working...
                        X