chambourcy real chocolate mousse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chambourcy real chocolate mousse

This advert only sticks in my memory because it was so irritating. A chocolate mousse aimed at adults, made by Cham-boss-ee (that's how it was said no idea how you spell it) with some woman who looked like Mystic Meg going on about how it was made of real chocolate and at the end she says 'just don't tell the children'. It was on during nearly every ad break in the morning during its run sometime in the 80's.
    Last edited by Heather74; 07-09-2010, 00:38. Reason: edited titled to help the search engine
    1976 Vintage

Re: Chamboisse (?) real chocolate mousse

I remember that, along with "Hippo-pot-a Mousse" made by the same company.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: Chamboisse (?) real chocolate mousse

Tricky your ad is here 7 minutes 30 in hit fast forward lol
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN-GjCPesjk

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      I remember that, along with "Hippo-pot-a Mousse" made by the same company.
      chambourcy 1 minute 40 seconds in- Come on dive in
      Heather

Comment

Re: chambourcy real chocolate mousse

And what became of Chambourcy? Taken over in 1996 by Nessels...er, I mean Nestle.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Comment

It's in a Ski shaped yoghurt pot.

Why did they change the shape? I really liked them.
            "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

It was on the TV circa 1986 - I used to think as an eight year old that it was pure torture that there was a warning at the start of the advert that went: "the following commercial is for adults only" - what was it advertising? Alcohol? Over 50 pension plans? Condoms? No, chocolate mousse.

They used to show the yoghurt pot as if it was like a swimming pool of chocolate mousse, and some woman dived her spoon into the pot - cue woman with a sub-Mystic Meg facial expression with eyes wide open.

I also used to think that it wasn't fair that chocolate mousse was only advertised at adults and that it obviously wasn't an adult thing like alcohol is, but back then I took too literally that youngsters were not allowed to have the product as I used to take advertising too literally when I was younger.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Yep, I remember that advert, it used to annoy the **** out of me since I loved that chocolate mousse as a kid and yet there was this annoying b*tch on the TV saying it wasn't for children! Yet my mum explained to me that the advertizers knew children WOULD watch the commercial, it was just a sneaky way of advertizing the product to both adults and children.

Comment

I suppose it has comparisons with Yorkie's "it's not for girls" slogan, whereas Milk Tray was always targeted towards women.

I wondered why the mousse looked so brown!
                  I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                  There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                  X