Hoarders Unite! lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoarders Unite! lol

I was just wondering if everyone here is a hoarder?? Or if some of you are minimalists with just really good memories? lol

Me and my husband are both hoarders! He has soooo many toys from his childhood and I have quite alot too!! but I think we both have different reasons, my husband believes that the longer he keeps his toys, the more they're going to be worth in the future, where with me, it has nothing to do with money, I keep everything for sentimental reasons, I get so attatched to things but I must admit, since my sister has had her baby (she's 10 months now) I've slowly started giving her a few things and she already has dibs on my barbies lol

Re: Hoarders Unite! lol

hoarder that iam.

a lot of the toys i had when i was a kid ive bought them again.
    tons of computer games and consoles.
    computers like the speccy,c64 nes snes..
    ive also got a space hopper on the way.

ive got of old clothes keeping them in case i need them although i probably never will need them
    but you never know.
    everything i have its for the nostalgic value not monetary value.

ive almost 9 hundred videos pre certs and ill keep on buying them for as long as im alive.
    also got lots of lord of the rings stuff.
    books,swords,jewelery,helmets,coins etc.

dont let your sis have those barbies amethyst she should have kept her own ones.
    tell her hands off.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Yes fellow hoarder here!
      I have toys from my childhood still, some over 40 years old. I have also kept some of my sons' toys from the 90s.
      I have also kept clothes and collectable ornaments, allsorts. My loft is groaning!!
      For me it is for purely sentimental reasons.
      sigpic
      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I have a shoe box of Trolls, a shoe box of Pogs! lol quite a few random toys here and there lol I'll have to add pics of my 'shoeboxes' lol
        My hubby has also re-collected old games consoles Darren, they're everywhere lol

Comment

Originally posted by AmethystWitch View Post
          I have a shoe box of Trolls, a shoe box of Pogs! lol quite a few random toys here and there lol I'll have to add pics of my 'shoeboxes' lol
          My hubby has also re-collected old games consoles Darren, they're everywhere lol
          hi amethyst your hubby must be out a fortune buying old consoles, what ones has he by the way.
          i can hear you giving off to hi stop wasting money.

who are the kids, the kids or the adults.

Comment

I need all of my old equipment, some of it is valve powered!

I have just bought a Eumig 8mm Cine projector P8 - and hope to transfer 8mm cine film from when I was a baby, and Dad flew a Tiger Moth over our town most valuable historical footage - but when you do your sums, it really is not so long ago...................

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              hi amethyst your hubby must be out a fortune buying old consoles, what ones has he by the way.
              i can hear you giving off to hi stop wasting money.

who are the kids, the kids or the adults.

lol Ok, here are the consoles he has...I hope your ready for this lol
              (hopefully I've spelled them correctly and hopefully you know what on earth they are! coz some of the older ones, I have no clue! lol he's 7 years older then me lol )

Amstrad CPC 464 x2 with colour screen and green screen with modulator
              Commodore 64
              Sinclair Spectrum
              Commadore Amiga 500, 500+, 600HD
              Atari 520 STFM
              SNES
              Atari 2600
              Sega Mega Drive
              PS1
              PS2
              Xbox 360 Elite
              Nintendo DSi
              Game Boy Colour, Advance, SP

Your right, me and my hubby don't need to have children, don't think either of us will ever grow up! lol

Comment

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
                I need all of my old equipment, some of it is valve powered!

I have just bought a Eumig 8mm Cine projector P8 - and hope to transfer 8mm cine film from when I was a baby, and Dad flew a Tiger Moth over our town most valuable historical footage - but when you do your sums, it really is not so long ago...................

Awww that's so nice! What a lovely thing to do! I know my father in law has alot of old cameras and I'm pretty sure he has a working cine camcorder thingy too lol

Comment

We are Hoarders also.We have loads of old annuals,ranging from the 30's and 40's up to the present day.We did have a lot more things,but we had to get rid of a load of them,as we had to have our loft insulated.

Comment

Originally posted by AmethystWitch View Post
                    lol Ok, here are the consoles he has...I hope your ready for this lol
                    (hopefully I've spelled them correctly and hopefully you know what on earth they are! coz some of the older ones, I have no clue! lol he's 7 years older then me lol )

Amstrad CPC 464 x2 with colour screen and green screen with modulator
                    Commodore 64
                    Sinclair Spectrum
                    Commadore Amiga 500, 500+, 600HD
                    Atari 520 STFM
                    SNES
                    Atari 2600
                    Sega Mega Drive
                    PS1
                    PS2
                    Xbox 360 Elite
                    Nintendo DSi
                    Game Boy Colour, Advance, SP

Your right, me and my hubby don't need to have children, don't think either of us will ever grow up! lol
                    i know what most of these consoles are Amethyst.
                    all the stuff you collect are your kids.

me and a mate have a gaming website.
                    ill pm you the link.

Comment

I'm more a collector, of sorts.
                      Almost all of my nostalgic toys and games etc. vanished when I moved out to go to university, and then my parents moved to a different country.

In the past ten years I've acquired versions of a few boardgames I particularly miss, and a few games and toys that I always wanted to have but never did. (Still a couple I'm hunting for, but earlier than the period remit, here.)

My main genuine "hoard" is a little bizarre: Playmobil Train motor blocks.
                      In 1997 Playmobil stopped producing their marvellous track-powered trains and went over to battery powered ones with radio control.
                      Most of my garden railway runs with Playmobil motor blocks under the engines and they are some of the best ever made.
                      Having grabbed a good batch from cheap, battered locos on eBay when they were common, they are now getting rarer and more expensive. I hope I now have enough pugged away to last me the rest of my life. Even the newest block is now thirteen years old, and most must be twenty or more.
                      But I've never bought one "non-runner" that I couldn't revive.
                      "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

I'd have liked to have been a hoarder but every now and again Mum would appear with black bin bags insisting on a sort out for the Jumble or younger cousins while muttering something about making room for new.
                        Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Emettman View Post
                          I'm more a collector, of sorts.
                          Almost all of my nostalgic toys and games etc. vanished when I moved out to go to university, and then my parents moved to a different country.

In the past ten years I've acquired versions of a few boardgames I particularly miss, and a few games and toys that I always wanted to have but never did. (Still a couple I'm hunting for, but earlier than the period remit, here.)

My main genuine "hoard" is a little bizarre: Playmobil Train motor blocks.
                          In 1997 Playmobil stopped producing their marvellous track-powered trains and went over to battery powered ones with radio control.
                          Most of my garden railway runs with Playmobil motor blocks under the engines and they are some of the best ever made.
                          Having grabbed a good batch from cheap, battered locos on eBay when they were common, they are now getting rarer and more expensive. I hope I now have enough pugged away to last me the rest of my life. Even the newest block is now thirteen years old, and most must be twenty or more.
                          But I've never bought one "non-runner" that I couldn't revive.

can you tell me by PM what games toys etc you would like to get but can't seem to find.
                          i might be able to help you out mate.

would not say its necessarily a bizarre thing to collect mate.

Comment

I saw Pogs mentioned, I had all kinds of Pogs but had a bit of a clear-out a few weeks back and decided to bin a few of them. I could never bring myself to part with the official Pog, err....Pogs and have great memories of collecting them in primary school, even still have the official plastic tube holders! I don't think I could ever part with the original Pog sets. It was actually a search on the internet for Pogs that brought me to this website and the rest as they say, is history!

I decided to bin the entire set of Star Wars Tazos that were given away in packets of Walkers crisps, I didn't think they would be worth much anyway and I'm not a big Star Wars fan. Hopefully this wasn't a bad move.

As far as consoles go mine are fairly recent really, PS1, N64 and a SNES. I loved the PS1 and N64 era and if I see games for either knocking about and in good condition then I will happily add them to the collection. Most PS1 games I see knocking around are in terrible condition, It makes me wonder sometimes how people can take such bad care of stuff. I am by no means a hardcore collector but I like the stuff I buy to be in working order. I remember seeing one particular game that had an egg smashed all over the box......lovely.

Also still have the Premier League 1996 sticker album knocking about, for some reason I have never been able to part with it, had such a great time collecting that one!

Comment

My sons have kept their collections of Pogs, Tazos and Pokemon Cards.
                              I think they may believe these sort of collectibles will be worth something in a few years. Who knows?
                              sigpic
                              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
                              X