Stonehenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stonehenge

I would love to hear peoples tales of Stonehenge festival. One of the best and most liberating times I ever had, especially for nothing. Allow the right people to organise themselves and they will create something never to be forgotten. That was Stonehenge.

BTW, this is my birthday treat to my self, reminiscing!!!

Re: Stonehenge

I never did get to any festivals there but Im building a model of said place.
    Frame.
    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Its not finished yet and I doubt if it is an accurate model but I like it.

Regards,Frame.
      Apologies for poor quality of pictures.
      "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Originally posted by frame View Post
        I never did get to any festivals there but Im building a model of said place.
        Frame.
        Is this on one of your railway layouts, Andy?
        It looks very good
        Last edited by kazboot; 17-09-2010, 01:42. Reason: missed word out
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I went to a few in the late 70s,dont remember much about the music except for the ubiquitous Hawkwind,I do remember one of our group had "aquired" a case of whisky from somewhere and cos nobody wanted to drink it we traded it, one bottle for a 1/4 ounce! great days!

Comment

That's pretty good.
            My bro has built "Woodhenge" -a wooden copy of Stonehenge- in his garden

Comment

1975 Stonehenge:
              A mates had just got a job delivering and collecting stuff for his
              brothers company, he had an 1100 to drive round in. One afternoon he turned up
              and a couple of us went with him, probably to drop/collect something. We are
              driving along and the coming Stonehenge festival becomes the topic of conversation.
              next thing you know we are looking for signposts to Winchester. We went for a couple of weeks.

I was in one of the tents and I started talking to this really hot Malaysian chick.
              We went back to her tent, but I had dropped something so had to go back to get
              it[some oil]. I walked back to her tent and looked at the sea of tents and realised
              I had no idea how to find hers;-(
              What bands do I remember. A local band, blokes I knew, but hadn't realised they had a
              band and after hearing them play it was best kept a secret.
              Roy Harper, think that's the first time I heard him.
              Hear and Now Band.
              It's all I remember, that year.

Mates brother sacked him..
              Few months later a chick I knew had a friend staying. Turned out to be the Malaysian chick!
              Last edited by grhaffdd; 22-05-2011, 23:50.

Comment

1984 was the last Stonehenge festival as the following year was the Battle of the Beanfield when Wiltshire Police along with practically the entire British police force trashed the whole site smashing up what was to them just buses and vans but to the owners and their families they were their homes

Anyway in 1984 I was there & from there we all flocked to Glastonbury. Whilst there I had an amazing time. Awesome bands (Hawkwind being one of them) and the strange sight of vehicles being sold for "Hash or Cash" lol The police monitored from above in their chopper (flying pigs so pigs do fly lol) but us wily hippies either had removed our reg plates or covered them up lol

On the way from Stonehenge to Glastonbury I picked up a girl who was hitch-hiking (You know who you are Cerys lol) and she was Welsh lol anyway we went to Glastonbury together and hooked up. We shared the same tent and we shared other things to lol After Glastonbury I took her back to Wales to her flat & stayed the night. In the morning I left to go home here in Christchurch. I have often wondered what she is up to now - married with kids or still a hippy? lol
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                X