Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rik Mayall

Default Rik Mayall

In the early 1980s I watched a TV programme that was supposedly broadcasting an annual event in a small country village somewhere in England. I don't remember what the event was exactly, but it might have been the end of the cricket season and the presentation of the winners cup. The programme started off by showing the 'villagers' rushing around setting up their marquee and their sound system for the event, then the audience started to arrive and take their seats. Then a face appeared round the edge of the curtain on the stage and the audience started to laugh. It was Rick Mayall, who came creeping out onto the stage saying "What? Whats funny? What are you all laughing at? It's my spots isn't it? You're all laughing at my spots".

The show went on like that, there were no other entertainers, but it was hilarious.

Can anyone remember seeing the show, and what it was called?

Default Re: Rik Mayall

http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm0562201/

The link is for his profile on imdb it lists his performances to date.You should find what you need to know there.

i love rik in bottom and the young ones.
    he also starred with ade edmondsen in both of them shows.

sad though so very few episodes of the young ones where made.

"Elephant and Castle, stick it ..........."
    Not seen any of "the comic strip presents" for a long time.

The young ones was classic.But 2 series of 6 episodes each was not that much agreed.However it is sometimes better to have quality not quantity.

Rik Mayall once bought my Dad a drink when Dad was the night porter at the White Hart here in Braintree.

Quote Originally Posted by memoman View Post
    The young ones was classic.But 2 series of 6 episodes each was not that much agreed.However it is sometimes better to have quality not quantity.
    indeed mate.

maybe it was the fact it cost so much so much to make is the reason there where so few episodes.
    or perhaps yhe cast wanted to do other things.
    or they decided to end it when it was on top.

so many shows go on to long.

Quote Originally Posted by willpurry View Post
    Rik Mayall once bought my Dad a drink when Dad was the night porter at the White Hart here in Braintree.
    how long ago was this mate.
    i assume it was in the eighties though.
    and what sort of a chap did he say rik was.

Finally you can buy Rik Mayall Presents.......The Complete Series which features:-

All six episodes of the 1990s ITV comedy drama series starring Rik Mayall. Episodes are: 'The Big One', 'Dirty Old Town', 'Dancing Queen', 'Micky Love', 'Briefest Encounter' and 'Clair de Lune'.

I have only seen Dancing Queen which I have been after for years after I lent a so called friend my old VHS and never got back. Will enjoy watching this again (as well as the other episodes)
    Last edited by Beach Life; 21-11-2012 at 11:16.

oh dear a so called friend.

not sure ive heard of this series.

i think he was in the new statesman as mr b*stard

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Life View Post
    Finally you can buy Rik Mayall Presents.......The Complete Series which features:-

All six episodes of the 1990s ITV comedy drama series starring Rik Mayall. Episodes are: 'The Big One', 'Dirty Old Town', 'Dancing Queen', 'Micky Love', 'Briefest Encounter' and 'Clair de Lune'.

I have only seen Dancing Queen which I have been after for years after I lent a so called friend my old VHS and never got back. Will enjoy watching this again (as well as the other episodes)
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL