80s christmas tv show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80s christmas tv show

im trying to remember a tv series one christmas i think in the eighties or could be early 90s,

i dont remember much info all i remember is that i think it was animated animals, it definitly had a christmas theme could have been the bbc.
    It was a one off series shown on sundays.
    all i remember is the ending credits used to be the song 'the first noel' ,with some kind of thing floating on water?
    Very vague i know but its doing my head in trying to remember what it was, i know i loved watching it as a kid.

Would love to see if it really was that great.

Re: 80s christmas tv show

This may not be correct as I never saw it, but 'The Box Of Delights' (1984?) was made as a one-off Christmas series and the theme tune was definitely based on 'The First Noel'. Hope that helps.
    "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

was it possibly a creature comforts type program?
      MOLE MOLE GO BACK TO YOUR HOLE - GRUNDA GRUNDA

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
        This may not be correct as I never saw it, but 'The Box Of Delights' (1984?) was made as a one-off Christmas series and the theme tune was definitely based on 'The First Noel'. Hope that helps.
        THANKYOU!! so much, you are correct just been on youtube and it was the show i was thinking of.
        Cant believe you knew from my really vague memorys when i was only 6 years old.
        brilliant.

Comment

Yay for Austin Maxi!
          "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

It's a pleasure.
            "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Working...
            X