Singing Taste buds - Sutherland Spread 1970s Advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singing Taste buds - Sutherland Spread 1970s Advert

Hi I'm New here, Anybody remember the Sutherland Spread advert featuring a boy with talking taste buds who commented on how boring a sandwich was until they tasted Sutherland Spread and burst into song(like tuneful Chipmunks). I used a Phillips tape recorder to record it off the TV at the time but I have since lost it.

Re: Singing Taste buds - Sutherland Spread 1970s Advert

Not likely to be the same song as this is from 1985 apparently, but does it ring any bells?

When life gets dull and boring,
    Don’t let it get you down,
    Get something fresh from Sutherland’s
    And spread the word around
    Take heart, get smart, get fresh, get Sutherland’s fresh spread!
    Build a triple decker to brighten up your bread,
    Slap it on a cracker and let the flavour spread,
    Take heart, get smart, get fresh, get Sutherland’s fresh spread!

Taken from... http://www.headington.org.uk/adverts...uits_cakes.htm

only other thing I found was Our Stanley

Heather

Comment

Thanks Huggie74, It's not the same one but it is interesting nontheless.
      Alas, My Quest continues. the tastebuds even sing in four part harmony, It was all brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Grosh62 View Post
        Thanks Huggie74, It's not the same one but it is interesting nontheless.
        Alas, My Quest continues. the tastebuds even sing in four part harmony, It was all brilliant

Sutherland sutherland scrumptious sutherland spread on scrumptious sutherlands spread. And.....I recorded it on a Philips tape recorder!! A grey upright one with a square built in microphone. He was a whizz at all the parties!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bane3 View Post
          Sutherland sutherland scrumptious sutherland spread on scrumptious sutherlands spread. And.....I recorded it on a Philips tape recorder!! A grey upright one with a square built in microphone. He was a whizz at all the parties!!!
          Sorry a must!

Comment

Woah! I wonder if we recorded it the same year, at the same time in the same ad break on the same model of Philips recorder........ Twilight zone!!! Bane3, Do You deliberately wear odd socks?

Comment

My husband remembers it - apparently the boy was called Ronnie Binns. I can't say I remember it - would love to see a video!

Comment

Originally posted by Frostycat View Post
                My husband remembers it - apparently the boy was called Ronnie Binns. I can't say I remember it - would love to see a video!
                I'm glad he can! It is unforgettable if you do see it. if I got to see it again, the waves of nostalgia would have me in Buckets of tears, I Loved it So much!

Comment

My brother and I sing old advert tunes pretty much whenever we get together. There is, however, one advert that everyone thinks I'm making up as my brother seems not to remember it. I can only recall the first two lines, which went as follows:

Why catch a crab just to have a crab sandwich?
                  Have Sutherland Spread instead!

No amount of Google-searching comes up with anything close! Can anyone put me out of my misery and confirm that this actually was an advert and not, as my daughter insists, a figment of my imagination!

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                  X