Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jumper with 3 stars across the front

Originally posted by Grosh62 View Post
    In the early to mid 70s in Britain there was a teenager's jumper that came out with 3 stars across the chest and lines above and below and on the cuffs. It came in lots of Colour variations. Does anybody know what I am talking about and does anyone have any photos of people wearing them that they could post here? I am desperate to see them again and have searched for years.

How strange i have never noticed this thread totaly properly before!! I recall these Jumpers very well (from the early 1980s) though i thought they had 2 stars on - the reason being that my ld Headmaster at Primary School thought it a good plan to buy said Jumpers for the School as a sort of item of uniform that was'nt (as if they were to be worn like in chairleadng terms) for Football based on America Football (not as they were though)!!

Though it never took off as crazy as he was I am convinced he thought the wole idea with School name was a great "School Team-building Project" (of sorts). Saying all this they where the "Real McCcoy" but they could easly of been bouyght in from a Warehouse I suspect - hence the 2 not 3 stars (but I'm sure the idea/trail of thought) to have a similar or same (but un-beknown0 copied design existed somehow!

80sChav

Comment

Found pic- it is of Cloughie - but lad in background has a STAR JUMPER on ;-) - and one of Cloughie's lads has WEMBLEY TROPHY FOOTBALL in his hand...and I am sure you peeps will find other 'fashion' items in this pic ?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by DSCOMAN; 28-06-2015, 16:28. Reason: text

Comment

Thank You everybody! I had one myself as did most people (Common as Muck). I've now only just gone and found a picture I took in 1974 on my Kodak instamatic camera on a St John Fisher school trip to Hadrian's Wall, ......As you can see it is yet another variation of the 3 star theme across the chest in a line.(knowing the lad who is wearing it, I'm guessing this was an expensive named brand and not a Knock off Nigel Dewsbury market version).
        Attached Files

Comment

...and is that a 'Harrington' Jacket over the 3 star jumper in the CLOUGHIE PIC ? - looks like it was one of the two versions of that style of jacket , one was cotton, and one was wool ?
          Anyones memory better please.

Comment

has been bookmark, this seems like a very interesting thread

Comment

just having a closer look at the 'cloughie' photo and I do think it is a Harrington jacket....and there are some 'famous' faces in the throng- sure I can spot a young Roy Cropper of corrie, young Dave cameron, young mary devlin in wig, and brian cox ?????...and the lad in the star jumper- a young jimmy bullard ;-)....did I miss anyone???

Comment

... maybe a stephen fry at the back in his anorak ;-)

Comment

I am looking for one of these!!. . .very 1970's . . .The group is Wigan's Ovation Of Skiing In The Snow Fame. .
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sorry i didn't see you post your tank top.. . . I'm surprised the retro dealers don't remake them . . .

Comment

3 Star Jumpers
                      Attached Files

Comment

NEVER HAD ONE OF THESE JUMPERS.

BUT THEY LOOK GREAT I THINK.

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Scoffy Ace post ...and were they oxford or birmingham 'bag' trousers ...
                          But can u tell the names of the two end guys, photo cuts it off.

Comment

Originally posted by DSCOMAN View Post
                            Scoffy Ace post ...and were they oxford or birmingham 'bag' trousers ...
                            But can u tell the names of the two end guys, photo cuts it off.

I'm not sure about Oxford bags or Birmingham bags?. . .From memory i had a pair of high waisted trousers,with 6 buttons that went up in pairs on the waist. . .and they had pockets on the side of the legs like cargo trousers. . .and everyone would walk around with their hands in the side pockets at school i think those were Birmingham bags.

A lot of the Northern Souler's would wear Spencers Bags

Wigan's Ovation you meant? were~

Jim Mcclusky
                            Phil Preston
                            Pete Preston
                            Alf Brooks
                            Attached Files

Comment

A few more picks
                              Attached Files

Comment

LOVE HOW THE GREEN AND WHITE ONE HAS THE STARS ON THE COLLAR.

IT SEEMS NOT ALL OF THEM HAD STARS THERE.

YELLOW ONE IS FAB LOOKING.

HAVE YOU STILL GOT ANY.

QUOTE=Scoffy;207395] A few more picks[/QUOTE]
                                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                                X