TomyTronic 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TomyTronic 3D

These were heavily advertised in my childhood and I always wanted a pair. They looked like a pair of binoculars from the future. They looked and worked a lot like Viewmasters and you could play various games on them. You looked down two eyepieces so each eye saw a slightly different view of the same image - making it look like 3 dimensions!!! Although the game might have been in 3 dimensions the image still wasn't animated so it was static. The games were limited to the standard space invaders and driving games where you could be in one of three different lanes and all you had to do was switch lanes to dodge oncoming cars - just like real motorways! Unfortunately the game screen was only visible if you had a strong light source coming in through the frosted plastic on the top of them, and you had to hold them up to your eyes constantly so your arms began to kill after a few minutes. They were the wii fitness of their generation - for bingo wings

More...

Re: TomyTronic 3D

i used to have the red one. i remember you had to make sure you were in a place that was in bright light to play it otherwise you could barely see the game
    MOLE MOLE GO BACK TO YOUR HOLE - GRUNDA GRUNDA

Comment

I also had the red one, it used to belong to my next door neighbour. You had to use a 2p coin to open the battery door.

Comment

We had the red one too, funny I remember the toy itself but not much about the game playing inside it!
        Heather

Comment

Working...
        X