Wizbit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wizbit?

Was it Wizbit? Had the theme tune "ha-ha this-away,ha-ha that-away,ha-ha this-away my oh my!"With Paul Daniels and Vicky liquorice?

tulip

Re: Wizbit?

It sure was, one of my old favourites, I especially loved the theme tune. It was meant to be making a come back but dont think it's happened yet https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...ghlight=wizbit

try a little magic,magic,magic,try a little magic my oh my

LOVE IT!!!

now thats what I call magic!
    Heather

Comment

it is, its one of thaose tunes that used to stick in your head and you would sing it for ages
      MOLE MOLE GO BACK TO YOUR HOLE - GRUNDA GRUNDA

Comment

Uurrrrrgh I'd forgotten all about this. Hated it all, the tune, that yellow thing, Paul Daniels. I thought I must have been in my teens when this came out as it rouses such grumpyness but it was made in 1985 so I was only 8 or 9. Mind you I still can't stand Paul Daniels or magic so I think it was always going to be a non starter for me.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Was it as long ago as 1985 wow!! My brother loved it and I watched it cos it was on,but I remember it being pretty good

tulip

Comment

On the clip it has 1985 in the credits but I am sure it must have been shown later than this.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Does anyone know anything about the theme tune?My mum is sure she knows it with different words perhaps from a western?

tulip

Comment

It was first shown in 1985 perhaps it was repeated..

Theme tune? Its taken from Lead Bellys ha ha this a way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgicv...layer_embedded
                Heather

Comment

There's some blasts from the past in that 'Wizbit' end credit list. Derek Griffiths doing voiceover work, Adrian Hedley was the mime artist from 'Jigsaw', which I think was another Clive Doig show.

I recall 'Wizbit' being on, but I don't remember actually watching it. I might have liked it, but 'Not a Lot'! (thankyouverymuch!)
                  "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

The last trace I saw of this was a spin-off book in a dentist's waiting room sometime in the 1990s.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

ARRRRGH!!!! HATED WIZBIT!!!!!! I remember Adrian Headly too....so thats his name!

Comment

Thanks Huggy,will pass that on.

tulip

Comment

Working...
                        X