A Flock of Seagulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Flock of Seagulls

Sure there was first this little band called the Beatles who had lots of Gold records (1M+ sold) and won several Grammy Awards; but who was the next band from Liverpool to acheive this level of success? If you said 'A Flock of Seagulls', you're a winner!I vividly remember the song "I Ran" as this goofy, totally low-budget video with two really ugly space girls who tried to look cool. But what no one will ever forget is lead singer Mike Score's swooping, seagull looking, over-hairsprayed blonde hair do-do. You have to admit it, how many of us went out and bought shirts that buttoned up the side after seeing these guys?AFOS had 3 albums from 1982 to 1986 and charted many singles including "Space Age Love Song", "Wishing", "Nightmares", "The More You Live" as well as Grammy winning "D.N.A." They were fun, great to sing-a-long with and quintesentially New Wave. If they released a new album today, I'd turn off my Atari, turn up the collar of my Polo shirt, put on my skinny piano-key necktie and go buy it.

More...
Working...
X