No announcement yet.

what do people think of kids tv today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what do people think of kids tv today?

I've not seen many recently, but in the last 10-15 years I've seen many children's programmes I would have liked when I was younger.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Ive seen a lot of modern kids shows and they just dont hold my attention and id watch any kids show if i liked it no matter if it was an oldie not.

Modern stuff has no real charm.

Old stuff quite often had a moral to the story such as he man and she ra.
      Modern stuff aint like that.

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
      oldies best shows todays stuff no where near the same
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The best one I've seen in recent times is Avatar: The Last Airbender.

It's quite epic in parts, even seeing it as an adult. Originally I just saw the odd episode on CITV but kept hearing about it online.

On a hunch I bought the first series on DVD & really enjoyed it, & collected up the other 2 series.

More recently I've started to get into the followup series The Legend Of Korra, which at times is even more epic & deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          Ive seen a lot of modern kids shows and they just dont hold my attention and id watch any kids show if i liked it no matter if it was an oldie not.

Modern stuff has no real charm.

Old stuff quite often had a moral to the story such as he man and she ra.
          Modern stuff aint like that.
          You should watch the stuff that is put out by the Disney channel - it is so P C and dripping in life lessons and morals you could drown in it

Also having read back through this entire thread most people seem to be missing the point of kids TV in that it is aimed at the KIDS OF TODAY and if they don't like it it gets binned in a hurry. The fact that we all think our programs were better (and they were ) is irrelevant the programs of today will be the classics of 30 years from now and our kids will be arguing with each other about whether there programs were better than the modern ones

As for the quality of the programming, volume alone dictates that the quality will fall and there will be more misses than hits but I have three kids and have watched lots of Kids TV with them and there have been some very good programmes made

and the best part of this thread is that at one point I thought every one was going to make a circle and start chanting " Fight fight fight "
          Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

oh no i wont be watching that if its that p.c.
            i dont mind if it has a moral to the story but not dripping in it as u say they are jay

i just feel if every generation of kids from the seventies till now watched every kids show and hadnt seen them before stuff from the turn of the millennium would be the least popular.

at the end of the he man she ra ep it would say what the moral of the story was just take a few seconds to explain it.
            Last edited by darren; 18-09-2014, 17:40.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember some 1980s cartoons (Inspector Gadget, MASK etc) used to have a minute or so after the end of an episode so do some "safety in the home" message, at least they didn't compromise the main story that way, which some cartoons the era went a bit overboard with.

Comment

Tailspin was epic! Used to watch it (as an adult!) when it featured in the Mickey Mouse Club on Sunday mornings. I'm amazed that they didn't do more!

Comment

Working...
                X