Odd Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Question

When you were a kid and would go to the Seaside do you remember in some places there was Rifles you put 10p into and u could shoot Cowboys with them and if you shot the toilet door it opened and a old man would be sitting on the toilet and you could shoot a bell and it rung etc?
    I think the rifle wortked very similar to tin can alley, anyway does anyone know what these were called? and some of the seaside resorts they could be found at?

Re: Odd Question

Funny you should mention this, we were talking about it a few weeks back. A few of us fondly remember playing it

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...t=spanish+city
    Heather

Comment

Thats spot on thanks thats what i like about this place you can ask any obscure questions like that and people actually know what your on about.

Comment

Yes I remember these! The old man in the outside lav, when you shot the target on the door he shouted "Hey! Can't you see i'm busy!!"

The one I recall was at Hemsby Gap in Norfolk 1983.

Did they work like the TV remote control? I loved this Hillbilly game and we laughed no end at it!

Comment

Think it might of been infrared sensor FS
          Heather

Comment

The first time I saw this was at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in 1978. I played it a lot, it was great fun.
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I remember one at Wells Next The Sea until the early 1980s, & last saw one at Poldark in 1992.

Another target was something spraying water when hit.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

There was one of these doing the rounds back in the early 90's I think. I seem to remember been stood near one as a kid and someone shot a skunk, and it sprayed water. At me. The bloody swine! It hit me right in the face too.

Comment

they have the water pistol version of this at butlins bognor last year when i was there several of the guns had come unchained from the counter and as there was no attendant at the game you could have a water fight or aim at passers by instead of shooting the targets you were supposed to aim at .people ,either willing participants or not walked past and got absolutely soaked

Comment

Working...
                  X