X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• she ra princess of power

anyone remember this show.

its main characters where female.
    its main star was adora she is adam's twin sister who was in masters of the universe.

i still watch she ra even now and im mid thirties.

cant believe there where so many episodes 93 i think.

here is a link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR65P73X5GI

masters of the universe was aimed at boys so she ra was aimed at girls.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: she ra princess of power

Originally posted by darren View Post

masters of the universe was aimed at boys so she ra was aimed at girls.
    Think I'd rather play with He-Man any day
    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
      Think I'd rather play with He-Man any day
      LOL
      to be honest i don't know which i preferred.
      i like the crossover episodes where adam went to etheria and where adora went to eternia.
      there where near the same amount of episodes in both.
      around 93 each i believe.

Comment

We use to watch He-Man on a Wednesday at my Nan's on a Wednesday night before going to the local Red Cross youth group, we'd take it in turns choosing a programme each to watch, he choose He-man and I liked Nightmare or Around the World with Willy Fog . Never watched She-ra it never really appealed to me
        Heather

Comment

I watched He-Man but can't ever remember watching She-Ra. I did have a She-Ra doll on a horse though.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

She-Ra was my hero growing up. I had the doll and her horse and watched it every day after school. I also loved Rainbow Brite.
            If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!

Comment

Didn't they make some sort of Christmas special where He-Man and She-Ra teamed up and at the end of the episode Skeletor dropped his evil ways, seeing as it was Christmas and all. I'm sure I can remember reading about this on another retro site somewhere.

Skeletor might be one of my favourite villains of all time, his plans are useless and he always comes off as sort of a comedy character to me. He should get his own sitcom, Skeletor, Cobra Commander, Megatron and MumRa just living in a flat together...........I think I've thought about this way too much.

Comment

In total there were 93 episodes of She-Ra and 130 episodes of He-Man. I have them all. Only the first season of She-Ra (65 episodes) aired on UK TV, the second season never made it across the Atlantic.

In some of the earlier He-Man episodes Skeletor was a much more competent villain, but as the series progressed he was dumbed down more and more until he was completely ruined as a character by that diabolical Christmas Special. In one of the DVD interviews the show's writers complain that they were never able to make the villains as dark or evil as they wanted to as the censors insisted they should be played for comedy effect.

Frank Langella did an amazing job playing Skeletor in the 1987 live action movie; he'll always be the definitive Skeletor for me.

Also for the She-Ra fans: George DiCenzo, who did the voice of Hordak, the main antagonist, as well as She-Ra's male sidekick Bow, sadly died early last month at the age of 70. He will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                  We use to watch He-Man on a Wednesday at my Nan's on a Wednesday night before going to the local Red Cross youth group, we'd take it in turns choosing a programme each to watch, he choose He-man and I liked Nightmare or Around the World with Willy Fog . Never watched She-ra it never really appealed to me
                  she ra is still shown on (rte) an irish channel at the weekends.
                  it goes through near every episode takles a break for a few months then starts again.

can only get thirteen episodes of each on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by BlitzKid View Post
                    In total there were 93 episodes of She-Ra and 130 episodes of He-Man. I have them all. Only the first season of She-Ra (65 episodes) aired on UK TV, the second season never made it across the Atlantic.

In some of the earlier He-Man episodes Skeletor was a much more competent villain, but as the series progressed he was dumbed down more and more until he was completely ruined as a character by that diabolical Christmas Special. In one of the DVD interviews the show's writers complain that they were never able to make the villains as dark or evil as they wanted to as the censors insisted they should be played for comedy effect.

Frank Langella did an amazing job playing Skeletor in the 1987 live action movie; he'll always be the definitive Skeletor for me.

Also for the She-Ra fans: George DiCenzo, who did the voice of Hordak, the main antagonist, as well as She-Ra's male sidekick Bow, sadly died early last month at the age of 70. He will be missed.
                    thats so sad to hear that dicenzo who played hordak and bow passed away last month its a voice id know anywhere.

hi blitz where can you get both the he man and she ra episodes in the uk.
                    cant find them anywhere.

Comment

In one of the DVD interviews the show's writers complain that they were never able to make the villains as dark or evil as they wanted to as the censors insisted they should be played for comedy effect.

thats is just terrible.
                      villains should be real villains as dark and as evil as possible.
                      skeletor was more evil in the early episodes.

that christmas special skeletor, she ra, and he man, where in really did ruin skeletor.

Comment

I used to love She Ra and He Man lol

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                          thats so sad to hear that dicenzo who played hordak and bow passed away last month its a voice id know anywhere.

hi blitz where can you get both the he man and she ra episodes in the uk.
                          cant find them anywhere.
                          The first 36 episodes of He-Man are available on separate DVD volumes in the UK. I'd sooner recommend ordering the entire box sets from the States off amazon.com though. You'll need to unlock the region code on your DVD player to be able to play them.

The original He-Man series is available from amazon.com over 4 separate box sets and She-Ra over 3 box sets. You can also order the entire series of the less popular 'sequel' series The New Adventures Of He-Man (nothing like the original show but nowhere near as bad as it was considered at the time) and all 39 episodes of the short-lived remake of the original series from the early 00's.

Comment

She-Ra's 25th Anniversary!:

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/ent...s-dvd/#slide=1

Comment

Theres a film with them both in called Secret of the Sword and She Ra was He Mans long lost twin sister and they team up and fight Skeletor and Hordak, i dont think it was ever shown on TV, but if your lucky you can find a copy in the Charity shops now and again, ive picked it up about 10 times in the same amount of years.

BTW has anyone else watched the Masters of the universe film right till after the credits when Skeletor pops his head out the water and says "ill be back? i never knew about that for years.
                              Last edited by Jingbang; 28-09-2010, 21:44.

Comment

Working...
                              X