Hot pink and yellow roller boots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot pink and yellow roller boots.

I've been looking all over the internet for a picture of a pair of roller boots I used to own. I got them for my birthday in 1991 from the Argos catalogue, I'm sure it was the autumn/winter edition. They were hot pink and hot yellow in colour, they would have been in the children's section as I was only 10 that birthday. If anyone has a catalogue from that time I would LOVE to see a picture of them again...I never had them off my feet! Thanks gang.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!

Re: Hot pink and yellow roller boots.

My catalogues only go up to 1986, but I've been looking on line and will continue searching for you
    Heather

Comment

Thanks a lot for that Heather!

Comment

Not pink and yellow but pink and blue (top right), were these similar? From Gratton 1990

Attached Files
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Hi Herr,

The ones I owned also had a pattern on the side of them. I really appreciate the photo though, thanks so much for taking the time. Roller boots for £18 eh? You'd pay anywhere around £40 for inlines now wouldn't you? lol Thanks again.

Comment

I've got the Autumn/Winter 1991 Argos catalogue, but I can't find any roller boots in it - the only skates I can find in it are the blue and yellow Fisher-Price ones.

Comment

Thanks for that Dave.

Hmm, it's making me think now. I know I definitely saw them in Argos and told my mum and dad I wanted them. Maybe I have the year wrong. It could be the 1992 autumn/winter catalogue. It's definitely the autumn/winter catalogue because my birthday is October and if they were for xmas, that's December...

Comment

These might be closer looks-wise (but further away year-wise) - Graffiti skates (right) from the Toys R Us 1993 Christmas book (sorry for the blurry pic - my scanner's not working at the moment).

Comment

Thanks for that Dave, they do look similar but the toe of mine were either pink or yellow. If you could clear up the picture that would really help. The graffiti rings a bell as mine had almost like a graffiti style on the side of them. I would love to see a clearer picture because these could possibly be the same ones, just in a slightly different colour. Thanks again!

Comment

I remember a few of my friends making there own roller boots (trainers) by getting old skates and drilling and screwing Adidas Samba's onto them, they always worked a treat too.

Comment

I got my first pair of roller boots for my 7th birthday. Before that I had the rubbish adjustable skates that you fitted onto your shoes. I LOVED those boots. I think they were blue and red and had blue wheels. For months me and my friend would spend the whole of Sunday out on them, seeking out smooth tarmac like in the car park of the dodgy pub along the road where we weren't supposed to go!
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

My sister had the blue and yellow ones in Herr's picture (no.10) Mine were red with a yellow stripe, we went everywhere in them. As mine got too small I inherited my sisters.
                        We also started off with the red adjustable shoe skates,even my brothers wore those.
                        There was also an outdoor skating area in Rhyl where you could hire an adjustable pair for an hour
                        Heather

Comment

My scanner's working now, so here's a clearer version of my first picture.

But I also found this, from the Toys R Us 1992 Christmas catalogue:

Comment

Here's another pair I've found(bottom right) - no pattern on these, but they are from 1991 - from the Totally Toys Christmas catalogue. These ones are made by Ozbozz.

Comment

I had the pink and purple ones in that catalogue page

Comment

Working...
                              X