Supermarket pricing stickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Supermarket pricing stickers

My family ran a green grocers for years, not a chain, but we had some products that needed the price stickers and we had a price gun with a supply of rolls of the stickers, they might even be in a box someplace since we closed up shop for good fairly recently. Sometimes the wholesaler would only have stickers that said 'grocery' on them and we'd use those. I remember setting and sticking the stickers with the trigger on such things as bird seed bells, plastic pots and saucers, gardening gloves, bags of soil... we never used them on say apples or flowers which we also sold. Those UPC price codes and checkout scanners are why you don't see stickers outside of wee shops like ours was.

There were very plain stickers once, I remember some plain circles of different colours you could write a price on by hand, but later they'd have little cuts in them... this was to make it harder for dishonest people to take one off of a cheaper item and place it on a more expensive one! They were meant to be a pain to remove. So if you got one on your magazine or comic you had to be careful with removing it, not rush, or you might deface it somewhat (those who cared about that), but then it was even worse with those free gifts taped to the comic paper, especially if the paper stock was very plain! I still have some Dr. Who fanzines with price stickers on them that I've been afraid to try and remove.
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
    X