Black Lace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Lace

Black Lace represented Britain in 1979 in the Eurovision Song Contest. As if that's not scary enough, Black Lace achieved a few top ten hits with "Agadoo", "Superman" and "Do the Conga".I can't think why anyone would forget them, so come on everyone, sing along now...# Agadoo doo doo, push pineapple shake a tree... #

More...

Re: Black Lace

Black Lace are icons of the 80's. My first album was their 'party party' LP and it is packed full of Butlin's classics. They got a whole generation on the dance floor and I still reckon their Wig Wam Bam is better than the original . I was sad to hear that the lead singer (don't know his name) died a few years ago in a car crash .
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Crikey, they represented us at Eurovision? Oh the shame...lol
      "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Awful stuff.
        Frame.
        "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

My family actually bought the single of Agadoo back in 1984 for their sins - the record sleeve was orange with drawings of pineapples with faces in them around the borderline, while our "heroes" were seen on the front, drinking cocktails, wearing Bermuda shirts and some "eat your heart out, Dale Winton" black leather trousers.

Do the Conga was worse for the odd party especially when drunk on Babycham. The Superman song (well, the tune anyway) made it to a McCain oven chips advert from around the same time which had either Bobby Knutt or Bernard Wrigley on stage doing the actions with a single chip.

Not to be confused with Paper Lace, Nottingham's finest.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Of course, you could also dance to Russ Abbot's Atmosphere as well...
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

What a brill group Black Lace was - end of question!

I love Agadoo and The Conga (who can forrget Grange Hill Series 10 playing out to tthat hey George) and Ant looking on solomly!!?

To me BBlack Lace - yes they began as like a Novelty Act - like Robson and Jerome but broke into the Mainstream in the end and did quite afair job of it to boot. As with Smokie from Bradford - Blackk Lace was yet another relativley un-known 9to begin with) Yorkshire Export who never really got credit for the singning skills!

80sChav

Comment

Plus of course, their naughty song, featured in the movie, Rita Sue & Bob Too lol
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Agadoo is my guiltiest of pleasures!
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                  X