Watch /Look and REAd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Watch /Look and REAd

I remember watching this at infants school. I vividly remember the big magic pencil and someone explaining how to write an "a"
    "Up, down, around and kick!"

And I remember them telling the story of a little girl monster whos mum and dad had another baby and she was jealous and kept being naughty.
    I remember liking the story and my mum buying me the book, but I dont have it anymore and cannot remember what it was called. Does anyone know what I mean? Would have been late 80's?
    sigpic

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people

Comment

This site is pretty good, he's still to add the Words and Pictures information, but its still worth a look.
      http://www.lookingandseeing.co.uk/site/Main_Page
      Heather

Comment

OMG, Look and Read was the best!!
        Through the dragons eye', 'Geordie Racer' which had kevin whately in it and was all about pidgeon racing! And what was the one with 'ollie' the alien in it?? It was all about how we need to be enviromentaly friendly!! God what was that one called...??!
        Do you remember they always had a break in the middle with Wordy and 'Magic E' the wizard who put E at then end of everything..??!

Comment

Originally posted by Flissy-star-xx View Post
          And what was the one with 'ollie' the alien in it?? It was all about how we need to be enviromentaly friendly!! God what was that one called...??!!
          Hi Flissy welcome to DYR That Story was Earth Warp

Earth Warp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
          Heather

Comment

I remember Words and Pictures, presented by Henry Woolf - he played a gangster on Steptoe and Son - and Charlie the little cartoon man.

I used to love Watch, that reminds me of my time in Infants school.

The only dragon I can think of from that era is Duncan the Dragon from You and Me. His head was made of an egg box and painted green. Who remembers Alice and Crow from the series?

How We Used To Live - I was forced to watch that at my Junior school each week but we all got rather in to it. The series we saw was set around the thirties and forties and did indeed feature Avril, also her parents and elder siblings. I think her sister married a GI called Anton - we all fancied him! Years later the series set in the sixties showed poor Avril dying in a road accident whilst listening to the Rolling Stones.

Comment

Originally posted by CoteDazur View Post
              I remember Words and Pictures, presented by Henry Woolf - he played a gangster on Steptoe and Son - and Charlie the little cartoon man.

I used to love Watch, that reminds me of my time in Infants school.

The only dragon I can think of from that era is Duncan the Dragon from You and Me. His head was made of an egg box and painted green. Who remembers Alice and Crow from the series?

How We Used To Live - I was forced to watch that at my Junior school each week but we all got rather in to it. The series we saw was set around the thirties and forties and did indeed feature Avril, also her parents and elder siblings. I think her sister married a GI called Anton - we all fancied him! Years later the series set in the sixties showed poor Avril dying in a road accident whilst listening to the Rolling Stones.
              I certainly do remember Alice and Crow - Alice was a timid hamster and crow was a well....crow.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                I do remember Magic Pencil from Words and Pictures and also Wordy.
                Theres a short clip of Wordy on youtube also the opening credits to Words and pictures,however I'm yet to find mention of a Peregrine Falcon episode.
                The stroy you are after with the Peregrine Falcon in was called Sky Hunter
                im almost sure of it, i remember it really well. Ill have a trawl and see if i cant find anything about it.

Woff

Comment

Look and Read/Sky Hunter - LookingAndSeeing.co.uk - a website about schools broadcasting

There you go.

Woff

Comment

Cheers Woff i've sent the OP a PM, hopefully they'll come back and see your link.
                    Originally posted by ru72 View Post
                    Also, does anyone remember a storyline about peregrine falcons?
                    Heather

Comment

I have The Boy From Space and Fairground if anybody would like copies. Both good quality picture and sound...

Comment

i am intrestred as i used to watch these i watch them on utube please let me know thanks

Comment

i uploaded the boy from space to you tube, just use a youtube downloader and save them to the desktop, then you can burn them onto a disc or ipod to view on tv. dont waste money buying from people not willing to share, i too paid for discs and prefer to know there are other people who enjoy watching them, why should i deprive them of that?

Comment

I have a copy of the Look and read books and accompanying booklets on ebay right now. Feel free to look or contact me for further info!

Plus many others including Through the Dragon's eye, Geordie Racer etc. Search for Look and Read to see all my items!
                            Last edited by HG; 14-02-2011, 20:57. Reason: removing sales link

Comment

look and read great program from my school days.One of those rare occations they brought out on stage the old large wooden tv with heafty wooden doors on it.The kings dragon was one of my favourite's followed by the boy from space one.It wasn't that common to see TV in school back then either.A rare treat for us kids.

Comment

i remember it well-it was called 'dark towers' and the theme tune was enough to scare you silly-well it did me in 1981/82 lol

Comment

Working...
                                X