Watch /Look and REAd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch /Look and REAd

Does any one remember watching this programme at school, late 70s very early 80s?
    it was one of those educational programmes where they used to re enact scenes from the past. Then the teacher would get the class to do it as well.
    I have vivid memories of the title music and the presenters with flares and dodgy atire in general.
    i used to love it.

Oh yeah , what about LOOK AND READ, another school one. That one had a series called "Boy from outer space" and another "Dark towers" , scary stuff.

I remember both of those. What the heck was Wordy supposed to be though?
    I saw a new version of Watch a few years ago and it was rubbish. It was nothing like the original version. They'd changed the theme tune too. You should never change the theme tune.

Comment

what about the way we used to live which was set in the war thats was pants as well
      kernow bys vyken

Comment

Does anyone remember a bbc2 school programme in the 80's which featured a dragon (or dinosaur) and it had 3 wee coloured people or aliens in it. I think there was a purple, green and red person i think. I have been searching for ages to find the name of it and my boyf thinks i am making it up.

Comment

I have a petition up and running to try and get the complete Look and Read collection out on dvd. My personal favourites were Dark Towers, Fairground and Badger Girl.

Comment

Yep would make interesting viewing, not sure kids today have, or watch anything like the things we saw as kids, some were pretty scarey too.

Comment

Re: Watch /Look and REAd

I have Fairground on DVD if you are interested and I know of someone who has every Look and Read story on DVD

Comment

I was always more of a Words and Pictures child rather than Look and Read.

Does anyone remember the, frankly bizarre, itv/ch4 maths school programme Leapfrog?

Comment

Originally posted by jac View Post
                  Does anyone remember a bbc2 school programme in the 80's which featured a dragon (or dinosaur) and it had 3 wee coloured people or aliens in it. I think there was a purple, green and red person i think. I have been searching for ages to find the name of it and my boyf thinks i am making it up.
                  OOOooh that was Through the Dragon's Eye - I LOVED that!!

Comment

I remember them well, used to love watching them also.

Do they still do BBC School programmes?

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/lookandread/
                      Heather

Comment

I remember the whole dark towers and boy from space vividly athough i do wonder looking back on it now the irony of wordy singing to a whole generation of kids about the benefits of magic, magic E... was probably not such a good idea...

Comment

The Boy from Space was sooo scary.
                          Why did they do that to children.
                          I would let my kids watch that...on second thoughts I probably would.

Do you remember the book that accompanied it ?

I wish that was on DVD.
                          I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

That picture of Space Boy (imaginative name) sparked the faintest glimmer of a memory!

I had a look at the clips (thanks Huggie) and it looked vaguely familiar. I'd forgotten all about Space Boy and Look and Read but I do remember (better) Words and Pictures - was that the one with the scribbly bloke and the big pencil?

Also, does anyone remember a storyline about peregrine falcons?

Oh, and How We Used To Live? Classic! I believe the girl was called Avril (or something), and didn't the father go on to star in Eastenders (wasn't he that vicar's father) and other things? Isn't he in Emmerdale or Corrie now?

Comment

I do remember Magic Pencil from Words and Pictures and also Wordy.
                              Theres a short clip of Wordy on youtube also the opening credits to Words and pictures,however I'm yet to find mention of a Peregrine Falcon episode.
                              Heather

Comment

Working...
                              X