Chocolate lovely's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate lovely's

Can anyone else remember these frozen desserts the same size of a frozen mousse.
    Me and my sister would be given lunch money in the summer holidays and we would go to the chippy and I would always have a fish finger and chips and then proceed on to the supermarket (Gateway or International we had both until the latter was taken over by the former) and buy one of these little beauties.
    Frozen creamy chocolate with little round white blobs of frozen cream.
    I seem to remember they did come in different flavours but can't remember quite what they were?
    sigpic

Re: Chocolate lovely's

Lovelys have been mentioned a few times on the forum, no pictures yet

but heres other peoples memories of them
    https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...hlight=lovelys
    https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/s...earchid=183153
    Heather

Comment

Yes I remember them my favorite desert although I think they were supposed to be a mouse and we were supposed to let them defrost before we ate them but it sounds like you used to eat them frozen like me lol (hard to get the spoon in when they were frozen bu tasted so much better :-)

Comment

can they still be found in shops now i wonder.
        i just adored them
        i could nor remember that is what they where called.
        where nice frozen for sure.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Just come across an advert for sale on Ebay for 'Birds Eye Chocolate Lovely' starring Wendy Craig cira 1970's

Heather

Comment

Yes I remember them, they were my favourite! You could get them in milk chocolate, plain chocolate and choc orange. They all had those five little blobs of frozen cream on the top. Can you remember who made them? was it Walls??

Comment

Birds Eye

Loved the Choc Orange myself

Comment

i have another story to share regarding lovelys.first of all they truely were....lovely.mum and dad would trail me to hillards at pontefract to do the weekly shop,and they used to buy lovelies with the idea of getting them home first then having them after tea-but sadly they never made it,as straight after shopping theyd go for a coffee and id tuck into one of these-they had a taste like nothing else!the lush chocolate on the bottom and the still partially frozen cream blobs on toprumour had it they were bringing them back out?but sadly nothing has materialised since

Comment

I am very late joining this thread but I've just been reminiscing about CARAMEL Lovelys. Back in the mid-1970's I used to have summer jobs at the Birds Eye factory in Eastbourne, Sussex. One summer I was assigned to the Lovely Line! I recall that I used to spend entire 12 hours shifts standing alongside the production line watching the Lovelys shuffle past, with my finger on a button. At the top of the production line was a big vat of chocolate/caramel/strawberry moussey type stuff and this would be dispensed into little plastic pots, four at a time. These would then shuffle along the conveyor belt until they were under the cream dispenser when the little creamy flower would be deposited on the top of each 'mousse' (it wasn't really mousse). Then the little pots would shuffle past me for inspection before the lids were added by machine. Any that were malformed in any way (over/under full - or if the creamy flower was aesthetically unattractive) - my job was to press the button which would stop the lids being applied. These rejected Lovelys would be thrown into a big bin and then sent to farmers as food for the pigs. BUT a great many of them were rescued by my co-workers and me. We would recover them from the bin and enjoy them whilst the 'mousse' was still warm and the creamy flower was soft and cold. They were DELICIOUS. Especially the Caramel flavour which has not been mentioned on this thread. The Caramel was definitely the best. Those 12-hour shifts would crawl by. But the power I felt hitting that button every couple of hours was great. I also used to enjoy hitting it whenever my mates and I fancied a quick fix of Lovelys.

Comment

Working...
                  X