Coca Cola - I'd like to teach the world to sing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coca Cola - I'd like to teach the world to sing

I loved this ad. All those kids from all over the world stood on a hill. Everybody used to sing it.
    The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Re: Coca Cola - I'd like to teach the world to sing

The first single I ever bought was "I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing" by The New Seekers.
    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Coca Cola made some great ads. I like the Christmas one as well, "The holidays are coming" with the trucks all lit up and a jolly santa.

Coca Cola almost invented Santa, well they put him in a red suit and made him jolly.
      The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

They sold this ad across the world but South Africa wanted it refilmed or edited to remove the black people. Thankgod things have changed!

Comment

Coca Cola ads are great, The first 'I'd Like to teach the world to sing' was ground breaking in its day, greeted almost like the new T-Mobile ads are now.

In fact, Coca Cola have been one of the most influential contributors to popular culture in the world for decades.

They have also been one of the most influential contributors in providing patients in the world of dentistry and one of the main reasons that dentists drive posh cars.(Disclaimer: Non factual, based purely on opinion...allegedly)

Comment

'Id Like To Teach The World To Sing' was written by the father of my sister's friends' boyfriend. He used to get royalty payments every time that ad was shown on TV!

Comment

I always associated that advert with the holiday season because here in the US Coca-Cola sponsored many of the holiday specials such as A Charlie Brown Christmas. I also liked the Hilltop Reunion version from 1990 which featured the people from the original advert and their children.

1977 Christmas Edition

Comment

Working...
              X