Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup Wallchart

Hi all
    A friend of mine just sent me this Excel format wallchart for the World Cup which I thought was rather clever, help the wife keep track of when I shall be too busy to do all the odd jobs around the house! (only joking dear)
    www.truststfc.co.uk/World_cup_2006_electronic_chart.xls

Lots of overgrown lawns, peeling paint, squeaky doors, etc. by 10 July !
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

lol, would you believe it, first games today and my dear wife has arranged we are going for a walk and talk around Oulton Marshes which has been organised by the Suffolk Wildlife Trust. Very nice too, get to meet the new highland cattle which have been introduced to keep the vegetation to a minimum etc BUT not only does it mean I miss the footie but I walk round the marshes every day with the dog! I've already met the cows and said hello to them! Oh well, it's a nice day, walking along the riverbank is better for me than watching telly I suppose (fingers crossed I get to watch England tomorrow!)

Comment

Just got back from our walk round the marshes....2 hours! I'm absolutely kna...errr very tired! Didn't see the highland cattle 'cos they were hiding in the vegetation but we did see 2 very rare orchids. Good job we had an expert with us because I wouldn't have looked twice!

Comment

Sadly we'll get all our outdoor weather when the World Cup is on !

Comment

IT'll rain soon Aidan, Wimbledon in a week or two!

Comment

What you need is a 'convenient' ankle sprain or back complaint. That will keep you locked to the couch for the duration of the World Cup, and maybe earn you that elusive sympathy vote. If anything, you'll be saved from any more tours around marshes!

Go on, man...fake that slip now
              The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
              Marcel Proust

Comment

lol, daren't fall over, as soon as I hit the ground the dog jumps on me. Four and a half stone of German Shepherd/Greyhound is not much fun. We were out walking in the woods once and I tripped over a tree root and he leapt on me and also once when I stopped for a rest to sit on a handy road name sign and fell off backwards he jumped me. I thoought he was supposed to be man's best friend! He's got a funny sense of humour is all I can say!

Comment

Dogs can be a curse as well as a blessing. I've got a lab/collie cross, and she has a terrible habit of licking your feet. Not so bad normally, but to get woken up at 3AM by a canine tongue licking the sole of your foot is no laughing matter, especially when you recoil and smack your head on the wall.
                  The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
                  Marcel Proust

Comment

Mocking is catching, SLD - she wouldn't believe me anyway...

Comment

Not even if you use fake blood as part of the performance?
                      Marcel Proust

Comment

Working...
                      X