Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweeney Todd's Pizza Restaurants (London)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweeney Todd's Pizza Restaurants (London)

There were a couple of these restaurants in London late 80s/early 90s. They were always packed and very lively, serving great food. It was the first place I had nachos (covered in cheese with little slices of chilli on top). There was one resteraunt in Tooley Street, opposite the entrance to the London Dungeon. Another site was off Leicester Square. We had a great night in there (underground) celebrating my birthday on the night of the 1990 Poll Tax riots. There was a singer belting out "American Pie" and all the dinners would bang their bottles of designer lager on the table. I seem to recall the pizzas had imaginative names - can anyone remember what they were called? (I would have had a peperoni). The menus were also a work of art, with cartoons and jokes - they were so good we were tempted to nab one.

Re: Sweeney Todd's Pizza Restaurants (London)

The pizza with lots of chillies was called "A Hot Day in Tijuana" and there was a bacon and banana pizza called the "High Roller". There was a dessert called a "Rupture Rapture - a perverse landslide of nine flavours of ice cream" If you booked the place for a party, the menu said you could turn it into a "Dingy sleaze-pit of innuendo". The house wine was called "Stop-a-rhino" and the last item on the menu was "Nowt - for the truly jaded palate - served with a subtle hint of sod all". The menu proudly stated that "This is the sort of place where you can bring your grandfather and hear him say Where am I?".

Comment

Working...
    X