Coloured bathroom suites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coloured bathroom suites

Most people have white bathroom suites now (including me) and screw their faces up at the though of the old coloured bathroom suites of the 70s and 80s. Avocado and burgundy were the most popular but you could also get cobalt blue and pink. My aunt had an avocado suite and I actually loved it as a kid. The dark green was lovely and she had tiles in a lighter green. I'd secretly like to have an avocado suite of my own now
    1976 Vintage

Re: Coloured bathroom suites

I remember Purple, Chocolate Brown and Yellow!

And, yes! they even made Purple loo roll to match (TRUE!)

Comment

I never realised you could get so many different colours. I always wanted my parents to get one but we had an old, white cast iron bath and white loo/wash basin. I hated that bath because it had a crack in it that looked like a spider!

An ex-boyfriend of mine had a burgundy bathroom suite inherited from the previous owners in his tatty old house. It was horrible!
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
        Avocado and burgundy were the most popular
        Check! and Check again!

In the early '80s the house we lived in was new and it had a brand new Avacado bathroom suite, even the mirrored cabinet above the sink was designed to fit in with the sink and was Avacado. In the early '90s we lived in a house with a distinctly '80s Burgundy bathroom suite, but updated it after a few years for a white one.
        "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

My aunt & uncle had a bright turquoise suite until the 1990s.

Until a couple of years ago my Gran's bathroom had an avacardo suite, & I remember a few other people having one.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I hear alot about the avacardo suites, but we had a sort of lemon yellow. Were we alone?

(Cork board on the walls was also a fad for a while in bathrooms...we had that too...)

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
              I hear alot about the avacardo suites, but we had a sort of lemon yellow. Were we alone?

(Cork board on the walls was also a fad for a while in bathrooms...we had that too...)
              You're not alone! We had a lemon yellow suite in the late 70's early 80's. No cork board on the walls though. We had that Swedish sauna style pine cladding!!
              Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Still have an all-pink suite where I live at the moment, installed during the 1970's before I lived here.

Comment

If I remember right we had a white bathroom set fitted into the houses when they were built in the late 50's early 60's.In the early 80's mum went for a blue set.It was really nice and I really liked the shade.About 10 years ago the council redone all the bathrooms and they ripped it out replacing it with another white set.White is ok,a little boring.Blues and greens always come over as bathroom colours to me.

Comment

i remember moving into a house in 1978 that had avocado in the bathroom and it was replaced by a champagne colour about twenty years later........my friend moved into a house that had a dull turquoise colour........omg that was grim............personally i'm quite happy with my white, goes with everything

Comment

We had a burgundy suite at my mums house while I was growing up. Then when we bought our current house lo and behold that had burgundy too. I hated that bathroom suite it showed every tiny little mark up and looked permanently dirty.. So glad I switched it out for white!

Comment

Rented a house with avocado suite then the first house we bought was blue

White is much better these days coloured suites are a no no now

Comment

I grew up in a house with a peachy coloured bathroom suite. I think it looked ok compared to some of the other colours it could have been. It even had an orange woolly toilet lid cover fitted to the toilet lid. The house my hubby and I moved into had a pink suite, it looked horrible but since replaced it with a white suite

Comment

Originally posted by pearsonbargains View Post
                            I grew up in a house with a peachy coloured bathroom suite. I think it looked ok compared to some of the other colours it could have been. It even had an orange woolly toilet lid cover fitted to the toilet lid. The house my hubby and I moved into had a pink suite, it looked horrible but since replaced it with a white suite
                            Coloured suites were in vogue but now white is more appealing and you can add your own colours like tiles paint accesories etc to make them look nice

Comment

Originally posted by madambutterfly View Post
                              We had a burgundy suite at my mums house while I was growing up. Then when we bought our current house lo and behold that had burgundy too. I hated that bathroom suite it showed every tiny little mark up and looked permanently dirty.. So glad I switched it out for white!
                              My friend still has a burgundy bathroom suite in the house (likes to spend her money on holidays rather than the house!) she always complains that it shows up every water mark.
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                              X