X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cassette Singles

Originally posted by Agnetha352 View Post
    ...'Hazard' by Richard Marx,
    One of my favourite songs, but alas, i dont think I ever had the cassette single.

Comment

I bought a few around 2000/2001, mainly because CD singles were about £4 to buy and cassettes cost either £1 or £2. I used to transfer them to a blank CD and then give the cassettes to a charity shop. Have still got a few knock5ng about though.
      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

anyone else remember Weetabix (sometime in the 80s) had a token thing to get two different cassettes.
        I just remember, I think it was two artists on each side including Thompson Twins, Kirsty MacColl.... cannot remember who else!
        But they also sent postcards of the artists with the cassettes.

I got them, or at least I got one the two!

Comment

I remember someone at school saved up enough tokens for one of those Weetabix tapes.

My cousins might have had some, as my Uncle worked for Weetabix they sometimes could get the offers as a perk.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I bought them in the 90s. I don't remember my first one though.The ones in the card sleeve were annoying as they'd skuff so easily. I liked the look of them though. I had loads back in the day, but gave many to charity shops. I still have some, about 20 or 30 maybe ?
            My oldest one is from 1987 (The Slightest Touch by 5 Star), but I didn't buy that 'til I went to a car boot sale in the '90s . I didn't even know cassette singles existed in the 1980s, always thought they were a 90s thing !

Comment

I remember getting a "Bush" HiFi one Christmas (don't laugh!) and it chewed up many a cassette single, I found bic Biro's the best for winding them back again and scotch invisible tape for the ones it quite liked the taste of and fancied a good "chew". I remember being quite heartbroken at my snapped Whigfield Saturday night tape!

Comment

Never liked any pre-recorded cassettes the sound quality always sucked in my opinion. Not that I objected when I got the 'Breakin' soundtrack and 'Thriller' albums on cassette for Christmas of course :-)

Comment

Dolby noise reduction helped but not too much!
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yes but if you had an auto reverse deck cassettes would play on a loop Some car cassette players had this feature and even some hi-fi's
                    sigpic
                    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Dad worked for Rank Xerox in the 70's part of the Rank Organisation which also had a hi-fi division. With staff discount Dad bought a 50watt per channel Leak amplifier & record player and Akai Auto Reverse tape deck complete with Dolby. The Leak amp even had inputs for extra speakers to go into quadriphonic mode blasting out 4 speakers at 50watts each lol My brother Peter & I played David Bowie's album Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders From Mars which said on the sleeve to be played at maximum volume. Well we cranked it up as far as three quarters and the windows were vibrating but fortunately for the neighbours they were all out at work lol
                      sigpic
                      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                      X