The Stockport years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stockport years

I present a radio programme every Friday evening on Stockport's Pure 107.8FM called 'The Stockport Years', all about the music and memorabilia of the 60s, 70s and 80s.

You can listen to it every Friday between 730 and 9pm by tuning into Pure http://www.pureradio.org.uk/

I also have a blog, updated occasionally, all about 1978.

http://spiritof78.blogspot.com/

Top forum you have here, I'll have a look around and pipe up when I feel like it.

Re: The Stockport Years

Why the fascination with 1978? (if you don't mind me asking...)
    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by stockportyears
      Yeah, when I can be bothered. On the radio show I'd like to make 1978 the featured year every week, but apparently, other years are available.
      I know there was 1974 around then.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline
        Why the fascination with 1978? (if you don't mind me asking...)
        It was just fab, it was a move to a new area, first year juniors in a new school (after I hated the first one) and best of all a shiny new house that smelled brill. I love going into carpet shops as they remind me of back then. Looking back, the house was actually small and a bit s**ty, as were most things built in the 1970s, but it was like a palace when I was little AND IT HAD A GARDEN!!!

My favourite year ever (I was 8/9, so I suppose that doesn't say a lot for my life since ha ha).

Having said that, 1983-86 was pretty good, as was 1995.

Now all the years seem to blend into one...

Comment

Originally posted by Grosh62
          I know there was 1974 around then.
          Never heard of that one. I'll check it out.

Comment

1978 - I moved next door from an all girls school to a mixed sixth form college.

I remember my mum bought me a grey duffalo coat with red lining from the Army & Navy Stores. It was too big but apparently I'd "grow into it". I never did.

The Jam released "All Mod Cons". Yep, it was a good year.

Comment

1978 was there year I was born & holds a fair amount of interest for me.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978
                1978 was there year I was born & holds a fair amount of interest for me.
                I just spotted that your location is Stockport, do you listen to Pure by any chance? It's really very good. Until I'm on.

Comment

I just read my last post on here - was I drunk when I typed that? What on earth is a greay duffalo coat?

Comment

I just read my last post on here - was I drunk when I typed that? What on earth is a greay duffalo coat?
                    A duffle coat made of buffalo hide? I think they're banned now, though you can get them in fake buffalo hide.

Comment

Originally posted by stockportyears
                      I just spotted that your location is Stockport, do you listen to Pure by any chance? It's really very good. Until I'm on.
                      I occasionally listen to Pure Radio but I don't think I've heard your show.

With the help of Pure Innovations I got my current job, I when I went to the drop in centre I got to see the studio once.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember my mum bought me a greay duffalo coat with red lining from the Army & Navy Stores. It was too big but apparently I'd "grow into it". I never did.
                        This bit made complete sense to me Jaqueline

Comment

I'm going to give PureRadio a go this Friday night Stocky so you had better be good!

Comment

I keep meaning to do that as well but never remember until it's too late. Don't forget to let us know your verdict Grosh62.

Comment

I keep meaning to do that as well but never remember until it's too late. Don't forget to let us know your verdict Grosh62.
                              I will do! The pressure's on now Stocky. I will be honest, fair and objective........... This could make or break you! Go out there and perform like you have never performed before.

(just putting a reminder in my mob so I don't remember when it's too late)

Comment

Working...
                              X