things you have bought,kept that hold nostalgic memories for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things you have bought,kept that hold nostalgic memories for you

can members post what things they have bought,kept from their childhood that hold nostalgic memories for you.
    thanks darren.

mine are photos of me when i was younger.
    a table i made when i was in secondary school in my woodwork class.
    collecting old computer consoles and games.spent hundreds of quid on them so far.
    films such as the superman films christopher reeve ons.
    supergirl with helen slater.
    these films bring me to tears.
    watership down film.
    lord of the rings film the old ralph bakshi one cartoon.
    masters of the universe cards by mattel with pictures of all the characters.wanted these for a very long time

ill think of more as time goes on.

if this topic is in the wrong place sorry.
    was not sure where to put it.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: things you have bought,kept that hold nostalgic memories for you

My first ever Pocket PC (an Ipaq) which I used for my writing notes which unfortunatelt packed up (something to do with the connection lead) a week after I got a new laptop (unintentionally) and during the first episode of a new seies of SHAMELESS!!
    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

I still have my very first Manchester City football scarf, bought from the souvenir shop just before the first match I went to, a 3-0 win over Birmingham in 1977! Weirdly, it still seems to 'smell' of Maine Road, though it has been washed, lol.

The programme from the Ken Dodd Laughter Show that we all went to as a family, Palace Theatre 1977. Also a Belle Vue Zoo programme from the last summer season there.

Sadly, I don't have any of my toys, my mum reckons she still has Matchbox model cars somewhere in her loft but I haven't seen them for decades. It'd probably be really weird if I did see them and would take me right back. She also has my old school photos right up to 1981, we never had any taken from second form in secondary onwards though. It'd be fun to see them again to see how many people I recognise. Reading this forum has made me think, I really ought to pester my mum to get some of this stuff out for me, ha ha.

Comment

There's old school photos, as I imagine a lot of people have. A box of old toy cars I had as a kid, and I've kept a few other toys and games including a working Tomytronic 3D ('Thundering Turbo'), some ZX Spectrum games and a couple of programmes or guides to attractions I visited on '80s holidays.
        "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

I don't have momentoes of my childhood because years ago my husband had a clear out and chucked all my stuff away without consulting me! Needless to say he is now my ex husband!
          The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

I bought 2 pairs of Antique wired glasses from a jumble sale, (50p each pair) one pair is in a flip top case and the other is in a modern one, inside is a very old black and white photograph of a lady!.

Comment

Originally posted by Megawitch View Post
              I don't have momentoes of my childhood because years ago my husband had a clear out and chucked all my stuff away without consulting me! Needless to say he is now my ex husband!
              A similar thing happened to me when I was 16 and my aunties cleared my bedroom out while I was at school. My Mum and Dad had just split up, Dad had MS and was in a wheelchair and my older sister was at Uni. I was struggling a bit and I'm sure my aunties thought they were doing the right thing but they cleared so much of my belongings out I lost my childhood, there and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Megawitch View Post
                why did he get rid of them MW.
                is he really your ex because he did not consult you.

but really he should have asked of asked you what you did not want.

those things are priceless to you and held so many memories for you.

what have you been able to get again that was thrown out.

Comment

I just won an awesome item off ebay. It's a Midland Bank griffin plush.
                  The reasons I wanted it were that it reminded me more of Midland Bank than HSBC and I saw some of the TV ads online, which featured the griffin voiced by Richard Briers. Here's a pic of the griffin.

Comment

Originally posted by Grosh62 View Post
                    A similar thing happened to me when I was 16 and my aunties cleared my bedroom out while I was at school. My Mum and Dad had just split up, Dad had MS and was in a wheelchair and my older sister was at Uni. I was struggling a bit and I'm sure my aunties thought they were doing the right thing but they cleared so much of my belongings out I lost my childhood, there and then.
                    Midland Bank sounded so much better than HSBC!

When I was paid out for my redundancy, I went on a spending spree on eBay replacing as many of my old belongings as I could using my Fool proof eBay buying technique. I now have everything in storage like, Arnold Palmer's Pro-shot Golf. Frustration, Mastermind, Stylophone, 5-A-Side Striker, Subbuteo, Test Match Cricket, Cor!! Blue Peter and Krazy Annuals etc..etc.. Run out of money now so Until I manage to get another job(if Ever!), I will just enjoy the stuff I have collected.

Comment

Well sarturday past a dream came true for me.

dream id hope would come true but never imagined it would but after 25 yrs it will.

Completely out of the blue someone i know was selling the entire he man and she ra series.
                      all episodes of both.
                      some of the box sets are limited edition with special cards with them.

i tell you all now if any members of this forum where standing beside me id buy you all a big feed of whatever you wanted.

these along with the mattel m o t u cards i got around two yrs back where a dream to get.

my excitement is like a bottle of fizzy drink when shaken its ready to explode.hehe

Comment

There was a tape/magazine partwork called "Story Teller" in the early 1980's that holds a lot of good memories for me.

I just have to think of it and it takes me back to summer holidays sitting in the kitchen listening to it on and reading along to the stories. It also reminds me of school as I'd often bring in an issue and the teacher would play a story for the class if it was a Friday afternoon wind-down.

Unfortunately all the issues I owned were eventually thrown out because they were mistaken for "magazines". I still have most of the tapes hidden away tho.

Fortunately tho, I managed to get a digital copy of the entire collection and I still play them from time to time and it genuinely takes me right back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNk4Ots5nSk

Comment

I remember Storyteller well Avahi. My mam threw out a whole lot of stuff I'd have loved to have kept. I'd love to have all my old books, annuals, ladybirds, even some of my schoolbooks. I pick any I can find up in car boot sales and charity shops.

I'd love to still have my old cuddly toy Toby. He was a brown dog who had an aran jumper button nose I'd sewed on 'cos his nose fell off and couldn't be sewed back on. He was in a doggy sitting position but I'd cuddled him so much his legs were splayed apart.

Comment

There must be a lot of stuff you would love to get again.

Certain things you will get again but maybe not all of them like the ladybird books,annuals etc.

Although from posts you have made you have got quite a lot of books,annuals back.

Most of the things that meant a lot to me are old computer game consoles like Snes, Nes, spectrum, commodre 64. etc etc.

I bought them over the last 5 or six yrs as well as literally tons of games some i get for a quid some much more expensive.

And the buzz i got when i got them was incredible and it still is.

And also certain films mean a lot to me like kids films which i still watch like neverending story, superman films, chris reeve ones supergirl, and loads of old brit horrors from the sixties, seventies, and eighties.

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
                            I remember Storyteller well Avahi. My mam threw out a whole lot of stuff I'd have loved to have kept. I'd love to have all my old books, annuals, ladybirds, even some of my schoolbooks. I pick any I can find up in car boot sales and charity shops.

I'd love to still have my old cuddly toy Toby. He was a brown dog who had an aran jumper button nose I'd sewed on 'cos his nose fell off and couldn't be sewed back on. He was in a doggy sitting position but I'd cuddled him so much his legs were splayed apart.
                            Last edited by darren; 14-08-2012, 12:38.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                              There must be a lot of stuff you would love to get again.

Certain things you will get again but maybe not all of them like the ladybird books,annuals etc.

Although from posts you have made you have got quite a lot of books,annuals back.

Most of the things that meant a lot to me are old computer game consoles like Snes, Nes, spectrum, commodre 64. etc etc.

I bought them over the last 5 or six yrs as well as literally tons of games some i get for a quid some much more expensive.

And the buzz i got when i got them was incredible and it still is.

And also certain films mean a lot to me like kids films which i still watch like neverending story, superman films, chris reeve ones supergirl, and loads of old brit horrors from the sixties, seventies, and eighties.
                              We still have a Sega Mega Drive with Super Hang On, Road Rash, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Shinobi, Sonic 1, 2 and 3, Muhammad Ali Boxing, Columns. I used to love Streets of Rage. Me and my hubbie used to sit up half the night,back in our courting days playing it. I had a nice surprise this morning, a Judy annual 1979 arrived in the post, a pressie from himself.

Comment

Working...
                              X