English mini-series, 90's (?), for adults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English mini-series, 90's (?), for adults

Hi all, this one has been driving me crazy for some years.

A young teacher develops a crush on one of his student's older sister. She's a doctor/scientist. He takes his holidays (Switzerland?) in the country/area where he knows she works, and talks his way into the research facility where she is - still just wanting to ask her out. He discovers that she's involved in some experiments on humans (Russian soldiers?), they're effectively drugged into a death-like state, where their dreams are recorded, and I think their behaviour is controlled by the experimenters as well. I think he gets caught, and somehow 'infected', if you like, with the same condition - he starts to have hallucinations, and this whole death/dream sequence going on. I believe it is to do with group mind control as well - but that may be wrong. At the end, he manages to drug the doctor herself (Michelle?), and takes her into the death-state with him - I remember this, because I recall him saying 'Michelle, you're already there'. Had thought this series was called "October", but can't find anything under that reference. Any ideas appreciated.

Re: English mini-series, 90's (?), for adults

You're nearly there - it's called Oktober - it's on the imdb site, but I can't get it to link.

Nell x

Comment

posting link for Nell

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0149502/

Well done Nell!
      Heather

Comment

Wow, fantastic! Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...