My First Three-Wheeler Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My First Three-Wheeler Bike

Mine was a hybrid! Mostly the one in the first picture but with the front wheel of the one in the third picture. Not only second hand but a cut and shut job!
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Veering off into the world of four wheels here, but I'd like to know if anybody had one of these and if it had a name. I have no memory of having this at all, but here I am getting to grips with mine in 1978.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	259825
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
        YES! That's it! That's what I was gonna win the Tour de France on in 1975. Except it looks so much smaller than I remember!

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
          Veering off into the world of four wheels here, but I'd like to know if anybody had one of these and if it had a name. I have no memory of having this at all, but here I am getting to grips with mine in 1978.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2975[/ATTACH]
          I has something very similar, I think they are usually simply referred to as 'ride on's' mine had a little seat you could lift up. I use to hid pieces of my plastic tea set in !
          Heather

Comment

Thanks for posting the pic btw huggie! Great memories. I can just see myself pedalling furiously round the park in the 70s, in training for my assault on the Champs Elysees, which strangely enough I never got round to.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
              These three Raleigh Trikes seem to fit most of our descriptions

prerry sue i hads two of these.
              not at the same time though.

the one with the red seat without the holes.

and also the one in the top picture.
              i can remember it so well riding on these back in the late seventies early eighties.
              can i still get them fir big kids like me.
              Last edited by darren; 08-04-2011, 13:08.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

some older trikes had a much larger front wheel, like a scaled down penny-farthing with 2 rear wheels.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                  some older trikes had a much larger front wheel, like a scaled down penny-farthing with 2 rear wheels.
                  cannot quite remember them eich.
                  how much bigger was the front wheels.

i onlu had the ones pictured in previous posts.

did u have the older bigger front wheel models.

Comment

My first trike was shiny and red and had those useful, solid rubber tyres, which meant I could ride over broken glass with impunity. No punctures for me! I'm fairly sure it was a Triang and very sure it was from the 1960s (like me) and looked (apart from the colours) something like these...

Comment

i remember those GK.

im pretty sure i had one of them.
                      the seat was much more comfortable than those others pictured in this thread.

Comment

Greenknight - my son had a blue three while trike like yours - it had a boot on the back - him and his friend had great fun on their - till they were found to be filling up the boot with rubbish and then putting it down the drains! They were only three.

Comment

Originally posted by marilynd04 View Post
                          they were found to be filling up the boot with rubbish and then putting it down the drains! They were only three.
                          Haha! That sounds all too familiar! Mine didn't have a boot but my friend's did and we went around collecting all kinds of stuff. It just seemed the right thing to do. We had a boot; it needed to be filled...

Comment

Unless I dreamt this I had a three wheeler with 2 wheels at the front and 1 at the back and had a basket on the front, the only downside was I was a small boy with a pink three wheeler with white wheels.

Comment

I had a blue metal frame Triang or Sharna one, white wheels, black tyres and a red plastic seat....was very hard to ride on bumpy ground like the back garden we had back then.

Comment

Mine was a blue plastic Ford pedal tractor made by Falk. I remember crying for a whole day when it's back wheels came off and my dad threw it out :-( That was when I graduated to a Raleigh Budgie with stabilisers.

Comment

Working...
                                X