My First Three-Wheeler Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Three-Wheeler Bike

My first ever three-wheeler bike was lovely, and I cycled around when ever I got the chance to!..

But!...Clever me decided to fasten my favourite doll to the seat, bend down at the back, and run like mad, then, my long hair got tangled into the chain :cry: and that was the first time I knew I had a good set of lungs, as I screamed my head off!..

Infact, I think it was me that invented the spiked hairstyle, as by the time all my hair was cut off to free me I looked like a hedgehog!.

Re: My First Three-Wheeler Bike

I had a lovely little red and blue tricycle, I adored it, we had a great big downward slopping drive way and I would spend hours pushing my bike to the top then rolling down.
    I still remember the day I took it out across the fields where we lived and my two older brother decided I was too big for my little 'baby' bike and they threw it in the brook! Never to be seen again :cry:
    Heather

Comment

Aw, brothers!, huh!..

I did eventually ride mine again, obviously never doing that again, although it took an age for my long hair to grow back, much to the giggles of my family and school friends!.

Comment

My mates sister had a massive light blue trike with an enormous boot thing at the back. It was truly enormous to a 7 years old

I like hedgehogs.

Comment

I do too Grosh but I never thought I would look like a close relative of theirs!..lol

Comment

Mine had a red seat, sky blue wheels and little red what looked like raindrops on the wheel hubs, and it had a special metallic smell that could instantly take me back to 1975 or whenever I had it. But I could only ride it in the park because we didn't have a garden, so it was more a rare treat. I'm sure my mum has a pic of me on it somewhere, yeah, I've got to pester her to get those pics out so I can foist myself on her for some nostalgia one Sunday.

I saw the Tour de France on World of Sport, and because I thought I was pretty fast on my trike, I reckoned I could give those guys a run for their money and get the yellow jersey.

Comment

I spose technically, if it had three wheels it was a trike rather than a bike anyway...

Ouch at Marcella getting her hair caught in hers.
              "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by stockportyears View Post
                Mine had a red seat, sky blue wheels and little red what looked like raindrops on the wheel hubs, and it had a special metallic smell that could instantly take me back to 1975 or whenever I had it. But I could only ride it in the park because we didn't have a garden, so it was more a rare treat. I'm sure my mum has a pic of me on it somewhere, yeah, I've got to pester her to get those pics out so I can foist myself on her for some nostalgia one Sunday.

I saw the Tour de France on World of Sport, and because I thought I was pretty fast on my trike, I reckoned I could give those guys a run for their money and get the yellow jersey.
                I can't remember my trike very well, but raindrop shapes on the wheel hub rings a bell! I remember it was made of tin and might have had a cartoon character on it (on the seat?) but it was faded. I suspect my trike was second hand.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                  I can't remember my trike very well, but raindrop shapes on the wheel hub rings a bell! I remember it was made of tin and might have had a cartoon character on it (on the seat?) but it was faded. I suspect my trike was second hand.
                  Was it mine?

Comment

nope, raindrops were black lol.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline View Post
                      I spose technically, if it had three wheels it was a trike rather than a bike anyway...

Ouch at Marcella getting her hair caught in hers.
                      Ouch indeed! I once walked into a bike on my way back from the shop. I was about 9 and tried to time my walk across the road so I just walked behind a girl coming down the hill on a bike but she suddenly braked and I walked straight into her back wheel and got tangled up in the chain and wheel. She went over the handle bars and we both ended up in a messy heap. Now That was a BIG OUCH! and my own stupid fault. I never found out what happened to the girl cos I got carried home bleeding. (will this comment survive a hug)

Comment

It was a big OUCH, and I can remember the pain to this day, and seeing all my hair being cut off!.:cry:

Awww, yes you deserve a hug. ((hug))

Comment

These three Raleigh Trikes seem to fit most of our descriptions

Heather

Comment

Mine was a Triang. Similar to the one on the bottom left of this link except mine had a yellow seat.

http://www.tricyclefetish.com/triang.php
                            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I had a trike that looked a lot like the top photo above, though the seat was yellow with a picture of a marching band.

It got passed on to me sister, eventually one of the rear tyres wore out & she road it on the rim.
                              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                              X